AUL HID review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's

Reaction score
Spent a lot of time using the spectrum 7 the past 2 weekends and figured I'd let everyone know how its doing. My initial impression was a little dissappointing because there was a few blemishes that I thought showed a lack of attention to detail. Where the cord enters the canister they used a lot of sealing compound and left it gummed up on top and the switch is hard to get turned on, turning off is no problem though. It was not shipped with any instructions, normally this would not be a problem but bulb changes may be difficult without any instructions. other than that I am extremely pleased. I't is extremely bright, there were no signs of leakage and I burned it for over three hours with it going dead(advertised 5.5 hr burn time). The cord is plenty long for just about anybody, for me it was too long so I wrap the excess under the canister. The price cant be beat at $385 +$15 for shipping. It weighs approximatly 10 lbs and is neg .5 - 1 lb in water. I wear it on my side and you dont notice it in the water. Over all I am very pleased and would recomend it to anybody. BTW it uses a 13 degree bulb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom