AUS - Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sodgaard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

My wife and I are going to Melbourne and will stay for a week or so before moving to Brisbane.

Camilla had a bad experience on her last dive, and is somewhat nerveous about going down again. She had a bad combination of seasickness, wrong amount of lead, and falty depth gauge (on rented equipment) which has put her off.

We are therefore looking for some easy dives in the Melbourne area where she can regain the pleasure of diving.
Any recommendations as to:
- Site?
- Diveoperator?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen Odgaard

I'm from Brisbane mate.
When I did a little trip to Vic I used Dive Victora @ Portsea.
BEST day Boats I have ever been on.
We need something like this in Brisie,
or have a look @ www.diveoz.com.au & have a look @ info directories lots of boats
Hope this will help, might see ya in the water when you get to Brisie :) or better yet a nice & easy shore dive @ tweed heads.

Sodgaard:
Hi,

Any recommendations as to:
- Site?
- Diveoperator?

Yes, Portsea is the place. About 2 hours south of Melbourne. There are 2 operators there I'd recommend - Melbourne Dive Services or Dive Victoria. Both run safe operations and have shops at Portsea, where instruction and full gear hire are available. Check out their websites:

www.melbournediving.com.au
www.divevictoria.com.au.

Take a look at the itineraries. Dives are marked according to level of difficulty. There are plenty of nice Open Water level dives. I'd specially recommend Pope's Eye. Very good for fish-life.

Where current might be an issue, dives are scheduled for slack water.

The water can be a bit chilly. Even in summer you need a 5 mm suit. In the colder months you would need 7 mm or a dry suit.

Back
Top Bottom