Aussie diving 16th Feb to 28th Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow - great shots! Really lucky to catch the blue rings - I have yet to see one..

Am diving all this week, trying out assorted doubles and honing skills: today did a 2 hour drift dive in the tweed today with a pair of Al80s, balmy 25-26 C water and - my drysuit!

I did a 90 min dive yesterday in my 3mm wetty and started feeling cold, so went dry and felt great. I did get some strange looks as I went down to the the water. :D

Still - the guys at fishrock went out yesterday and said it was 22-24 on the surface but 15C on the bottom - looks like I'll be packing my drysuit on sunday!

Cheers,
Rohan

brr... I think I will bring the wetsuit .... do the first dive in the sharkskin and see how it goes I guess...

nice to hear you are back in the water.... we picked up the shirts today maybe I will post a pic in the Invade the Rock Thread...

We managed to squeeze in a couple of dives on the last day of February. I realised I haven't given my Tokina 35 macro a run since I was in Wakatobi last October and used that for the dives. This proved to be a great choice because of the terrible conditions we experienced once we were underwater. The biggest tides in a long time ensured there was a howling current and visibility was poor at only 3 or 4 metres. The Tokina 35 macro is a great lens for these conditions, its small size and wide angle of coverage (compared to 60 and 100 macro lenses) means that you don't need a bulky dome port and it will focus right down on to the front of the port. It also forces you to get close to your subject to fill the frame with small and medium sized fish minimising the possibility of backscatter. Here's a few of my favourite shots from the dive:

Crescent-tail Bigeyes hanging in the murk:

482586026_HgbkK-L-1.jpg

Red-barred Rockcod portrait:

482549954_9yEQM-M.jpg

Peek a boo:

482569775_cTzpA-L.jpg

Monocle Bream:

482454224_Y87Md-M.jpg

Harlequin Sweetlips:

482586017_MFsGu-L.jpg

White-tail Squirrelfish:

482586004_Vn56c-M.jpg