Aussie diving 16th Feb to 28th Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First and last are mine, The Links shots (incl Blue Devil) are Paul's. I tend to only use the camera on shore dives as I have time to set up shots and things like that. :) On boat dives I don't usually like to take it as I prefer just to be diving on those! Paul will take his camera on any kind of dive though :rofl3: So if I feel the need for photos I steal his camera.

So how is your back going? Getting better?

handy have a camera carrying buddy :shocked2: esp one who doesn't mind you taking his camera :eyebrow:

I take my camera on all dives just leave it in the pocket on my cummerbun if I don't want to use it but I always like to have it with me just in case.

I think if I tried to take a camera from one of my dive buddies I would bring back a bleeding stump:rofl3: same thing as they would get if they tried to take mine:eyebrow:

I wouldn't know how to run one of their cameras anyway:shakehead: We have a great group and everyone is fantastic about sharing shots and subjects.:blinking: Most of us have a pretty good idea of what types of shots everyone is interested in and what their cameras will capture. We are all good at pointing out things to each other with that in mind.:wink: Since most of us have cameras we are all happy to take long slow dives. :D

Like I've said before... we are lucky to developed a group with similar dive styles, interests, experience and goals. :D Sounds like you are developing a good group where you are too Sas.:blinking: Buddies can make a dive a great experience or an awful one.:doh2:

Over the weekend the wind and tides finally got their act together and we had perfect conditions for diving the eastern side of Exmouth Gulf for the first time in a couple of months and got four 90 minute dives in. The water was a toasty 30.5°C but very dirty with lots of floaties. Here's few shots from the dives:

Heads:
478290226_iJvNx-M.jpg

or Tails?
478290262_TFQur-M.jpg

http://gudge.smugmug.com/photos/478290262_TFQur-M.jpgWhip coral goby:
478310326_cwZA4-L.jpg

Scribbled Angelfish:
478310281_zBv7v-L.jpg

http://gudge.smugmug.com/photos/478310326_cwZA4-L.jpg
478290271_9TtXJ-L.jpg
http://gudge.smugmug.com/photos/478290226_iJvNx-M.jpg

hmm ... interesting photos gudge ...

honestly there weren't any there when I originally posted this message

Gudge ... once again you have excelled ... the detail and colours are incredible.

I had a fantastic dive at Byron yesterday. The dive guide kind of peeved me off but otherwise conditions were perfect. Water was walm, not too much chop until the end, vis was about 12+ metres. I will post some pics later.

I had a fantastic dive at Byron yesterday. The dive guide kind of peeved me off but otherwise conditions were perfect. Water was walm, not too much chop until the end, vis was about 12+ metres. I will post some pics later.

Thats great stormy ... walm water ... I like it a combo of calm and warm :rofl3::rofl3:

Over the weekend the wind and tides finally got their act together and we had perfect conditions for diving the eastern side of Exmouth Gulf for the first time in a couple of months and got four 90 minute dives in. The water was a toasty 30.5Ž°C but very dirty with lots of floaties. Here's few shots from the dives:

Heads:
478290226_iJvNx-M.jpg

or Tails?
478290262_TFQur-M.jpg

Whip coral goby:
478310326_cwZA4-L.jpg

Scribbled Angelfish:
478310281_zBv7v-L.jpg

478290271_9TtXJ-L.jpg

Ummm gudge... your phots are leading for me here. I saw them last night when fish looked at them... they are astounding but I wish I could look at them:rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom