Aussie Diving February & March 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks they were taken at Blarigowrie.

I did a night boat dive last night (I haven't done a night boat dive in a long time). We dived Portsea Hole which is a great site but needs to be dived slack water. It was a great dive I really enjoyed it, there were fish everywhere.

caesioperca-rasor by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

cuttle-1 by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

cuttle-2 by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

male-aracana-aurita by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

female-aracana-aurita by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

six-spine-leather by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

old-wife-night-colours by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

Been getting some bottom hours in but haven't had time to sort and post pics yet... soon! I love it when we have scuba diving visitors:)

These guys are so expressive!
631C-586C-Medium_zps6301d454.jpg

631C-584TJMedium_zps7702ef89.jpg

Oh and Gypsyjim made it over... keeping busy diving:)
630C-538eMedium_zps7a3fd800.jpg

A few waves from a different angle
630C-549eMedium_zps2b06add3.jpg

I found this cute little decorator crab at Clifton Gardens
633C-701JMedium_zpsc25fc124.jpg

633C-702JMedium_zps89ed6113.jpg

this little pipefish was cute as well
633C-708JMedium_zps3bad19c2.jpg

three different anglerfish
633C-681JMedium_zps62c34884.jpg

633C-673JMedium_zpsb796190f.jpg

633C-678JMedium_zpsc2da4435.jpg

633C-715JMedium_zpsfcc989a1.jpg

Reactions: MA
Great shots love the pipefish must of been hard to spot, it blends in with sand very well. I wish we got those anglerfish down here they make great models :) You need to take a picture of one yawning for me.
Equipment problems have kept me out of the water for a while. I did a dive last night with my 100mm setup, even though I knew the viz would make it a bad choice for the dive (I really wanted to play with it.).

short-headed-seahorse by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

vanacampus-phillipi by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

snapping-shrimp by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

pygmy-leather-sleeping by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

scorpionfish by Byron.Fowles, on Flickr

I'd love to get a shot of one of them Yawning for ME! As a matter of fact one of them Did Yawn just after I had taken a shot. Camera and my reflexes missed it:doh: just like I missed the shot of the one waggling it's lure around "fishing" :crying: so close but soooo far!

will this one of a Velvetfish do as a consolation prize?
Velvet-555 (Small).jpg

God, glad to see someone is out diving! I haven't been out since I got back from Lembeh on the 2nd. Maybe next week.

Loving the photos, bowl!! Those pygmy pipehorse guys are super cute and I'm always a sucker for squid and octos :) And the yawning velvetfish - great timing!

Ozteck this weekend. Not sure if I will be fit to dive.. just getting over this bug but OZteck is a good backup option!

Dang, I still haven't been out diving for a variety of reasons. I'm drying out and it's not good! But did get out two days this week for some snorkeling, at least. Found three new critters on the first snorkel and explored a new area on the second day. Will have to go back at low tide as at high tide some of the stuff was just that little too deep for me thanks to all the scar tissue in my eustachian tubes.

Only take my baby Panasonic TS when I go off the shore like this. Here's a few :)

Haven't seen this colour before
MAR13_117_zps4c6462e4.jpg

sweetie cowfish
MAR13_116_zpsa22aa3d7.jpg

never seen this little guy before - turns out he's a juvenile starry puffer :)
MAR13_115_zps286fee51.jpg

and a Ward's wobby tucked way deep in a coral head - love the baby camera for times like this!
MAR13_119_zps16dd511e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom