Aussie diving Jan 12th to 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh I forgot to mention in my last post a funny story... I got left behind by the boat after our last dive! Well we'd returned to one side of the bay (the opposite side to where we'd parked) to drop some people off. Anyway, I was dying for the bathroom so I told the captain and Paul that I was going to the toilet and to wait a few minutes. Anyway, I got back to the pier and the boat was driving off. I chased them up the pier and they came back for me. I don't know how everyone didn't notice seeing there was only 4 divers on the boat by this stage :rofl3::rofl3:

:DHey great shots.... Love the one on the wreck with the cuttle... briliant shot.

Oh yes should be a great dive my favourite two buddies :D can't wait... hope conditions doen't deteriorate!

Can't wait to see you shots... It'll be so nice for you to have a camera all the time.

Ok I have a few short videos on youtube now from the weekend's diving. They are less blurry in high quality :)

Anyway, here is me and Paul drift diving. The current is quite fast in bits but a few bits it slows down so the video isn't *all* blurry :p
YouTube - Drift Diving

Here is a scalyfin damselfish we found on the Eliza Ramsden. It got me on the knees and you can see it biting another diver's knees and also getting quite close to the camera towards the end :rofl3:
YouTube - Angry Damselfish

Hope the conditions have held for your night dive petunia + fish. Say hi to Denis for me too :)

Nice videos, thats quite a current on the drift!

Here's a mashup from a few different dives at Nelson Bay, Fly Point and Halifax. All with rather unpleasant vis but you just have to look harder to see all the cool stuff there is to see. That's going to be it for me for a while, my gear is packed up and peaking at the 23kg checked baggage limit, I'm off to Prague. I won't disappear completely but it's been nice, too bad we never met for a dive or two.

Scum Diving: Fly Point and Halifax Park on Vimeo

Check the octopus in the last scene, I didn't realize when I was filming that there was another one hiding and trying to keep his front door in place, this guy was breaking in! You can see his frightened little eyes peeking over the rock that he's hanging on to for dear life. I wish I had more time here but it was a bit uncomfortable in about 4m with the waves.

ive merged some threads....

ive been awol for a week or so... been a bit out of sorts so im guessing Petunia is going to have to recomend a instructor for a refresher soon :wink:

nice pics Sas... this weekend i should be in the water.... hubby hinted a couple of dives at Shiprock so im already looking forward to that death trap goat track (not)

:D

Great to see you back AW ... sounds like you definitely need a dive trip to chill out.

We had a nice dive at BI last night (Tuesday) .... water was cold again 18° but on the plus side viz was up from the usual 5m to about 10m.

Fishwife was there with the Frogdive night dive ... they went in after us, so we stood at the car and watched her and SOL (her HID torch)

Petunia great pics! I missed them before, cheers for merging the threads AW.

Also C8X, you saw a *pineapple fish*!!! I love those fish but have only ever seen them at the aquarium.

Petunia great pics! I missed them before, cheers for merging the threads AW.

Also C8X, you saw a *pineapple fish*!!! I love those fish but have only ever seen them at the aquarium.

Thanks Sas I figured those posts kinda got buried so I am glad you got to see the box fish... I always think of you when I see them and wanted to show you how they change colour and pattern as they mature.:blinking:

Thanks Sas I figured those posts kinda got buried so I am glad you got to see the box fish... I always think of you when I see them and wanted to show you how they change colour and pattern as they mature.:blinking:

hehe cool :) I can see them grow up!

I was supposed to go diving tonight but Paul cancelled cos of work and it is very windy, the site didn't look great on the webcam about an hour ago so I decided not to go myself. I think it looks better now and wind is down to 22 knots according to the webcam site but a bit late to head off :depressed: So my new camera will have to wait til Saturday now. :depressed: I am very impatient when I have new toys :rofl3:

hehe cool :) I can see them grow up!

I was supposed to go diving tonight but Paul cancelled cos of work and it is very windy, the site didn't look great on the webcam about an hour ago so I decided not to go myself. I think it looks better now and wind is down to 22 knots according to the webcam site but a bit late to head off :depressed: So my new camera will have to wait til Saturday now. :depressed: I am very impatient when I have new toys :rofl3:

Heheheh welllll I do remember someone (honest.. it wasn't me) who was so excited about using his new camera that when we got to the dive site and decided it wasn't worth diving that we went for coffee.. he stuck his camera in the aquarium at the coffee shop and took pics of fish that way!

You could take pic of your axlillotti:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom