Aussie Diving June 1 - 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Sas... hope you get some great dives in tomorrow.. our potential dive buddy phoned and isn't diving tomorrow so not sure if we will or not... guess who would like to:D

if i was going to santo or any of the other smaller islands i would take malaria meds but when at port vila or one of the nearby islands (hideaway or tranquility) i havent bothered with them. use lots of mozzie spary and avoid bites though

ive been to vanuatu about 4 or 5 times now and touch wood no worries yet

cheers

Bugger I was hopeing to get out of having to take them! Did you find it was best to have Vatu? Or did you mostly use credit cards or aussie dollars?

Did you take Antimaleria medication?

Possibly, couldn't guarantee it tho ... I didnt tend to take antimalarial when i was younger and travelling a bit, but these days I would rather be safe than sorry.

Bugger I was hopeing to get out of having to take them! Did you find it was best to have Vatu? Or did you mostly use credit cards or aussie dollars?

As I said i was there 17 years ago ... I honestly cant remember using a cc on santo, was not a lot there to spend money on then :wink:

Hopefully someone will be able to give you more info and more up to date!

When are toy going to Vanuatu??

Not long to go ... you will have a great time

Well what a great weekend for diving!! Starlet and i ended up diving Saturday and Today (Monday) which turned out good for us.

Saturdays dive was at Bare Island and VIS had cleared up quite a bit. I think at one stage we had around 10 metres, which is about the best we could have hoped for there. We did a nice calm dive from the right hand side of the island around the back to around 15 metres depth and back to the entry point. We saw an Octopus, some sergeant bakers, a (roughly) metre sting ray and that was about it. When we got out we met Bowlofpetunias and Fish was talking with some other people so we didn't get to meet - Next time!
Second dive was on the left hand side of the Island VIS was a bit better on that side and although we didn't see a great deal, we spent some time going through some drills, like mask removal, gear removal and getting it back on and a CESA from 5 metres after a safety stop.

Today we were supposed to dive Voodoo which is just south of Botany Bay, when we got there conditions looked great, but after a couple of divers came out and said the surge was too great, we turned and headed for Steps.

VIS was great, i think we had around 20 metres and saw heaps of weedies (maybe 7), a squid, occy and a few other cool things. Second dive the vis wasn't as good, probably back to about 5-10 metres but still decent. We saw another big occy, a big blue groper and a Giant Cuttlefish..

It was heaps of fun to get out and without rushing get two full days of diving in. Why can't all weekends be three days!!!!!??

Also we decided on getting our AOW in July at Jervis Bay, so that will be fun to look forward to and to practice for in the coming weeks!

So how was everyone elses weekend?

P.S Bowlofpetunias, great meeting you, and love the pics!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom