austin diver needs buddies or solo cert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blomdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi swampers,

Just dropping my first note on this board; I did my AOW and a few specialities this summer and been diving LT a bit. I'm trying to dive every week but find I'm having to post on boards calling out for buddies, and not always finding them. I saw the buddy finder here; didn't figure out how to post to a list of folks there, just visit profiles individually, a bit cumbersome.

Tomorrow morning I think I'll just head to windy point or the dam and try to find someone else diving - unless anyone here would care to join?

This has made me wonder about solo certification. Anyone here do that, or have opinions about it? Don't mean to start rants/arguments about safety, just curious about this since I've seen it mentioned ( I think SDI is the main org doing this ).

-blomdiver (aka thomas)

Hi swampers,

Just dropping my first note on this board; I did my AOW and a few specialities this summer and been diving LT a bit. I'm trying to dive every week but find I'm having to post on boards calling out for buddies, and not always finding them. I saw the buddy finder here; didn't figure out how to post to a list of folks there, just visit profiles individually, a bit cumbersome.

Tomorrow morning I think I'll just head to windy point or the dam and try to find someone else diving - unless anyone here would care to join?

This has made me wonder about solo certification. Anyone here do that, or have opinions about it? Don't mean to start rants/arguments about safety, just curious about this since I've seen it mentioned ( I think SDI is the main org doing this ).

-blomdiver (aka thomas)

Solo cert would solve the dilemma

Welcome to the boards and TSD. You have encountered the delima of every diver without a regular group of buddies.

I would encourage you to read on the solo section of the board, I can't rememer if it's an opt in section, about that method of diving. There is some great information from some really good folk in that part of the board.

Solo cert would solve the dilemma

I really don't agree with this at all.

Tom

Thanks for the quick replies! Hopefully I will not long be the "diver without a regular group of buddies" :wink:

Carrie, that sounds great; call me xxx-xxxx and we'll work out details.

Tom's correct, the Solo Forum is an opt in forum and does have some good info.

Those guys down in Austin are very active divers. It wouldn't surprise me if you had to beat them back with a stick after asking for buddies.

Back
Top Bottom