Authorized dealer..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olieman:
I was wondering if anyone else knows if Leisure Pro in an "authorized" dealer for Mares products. I cannot find this on their web site or Mares's, although I was told that they are from a Mares USA (Head) customer service rep.

I also have a somewhat related question. My LDS is not an authorized Mares dealer and I was told by Mares that they cannot order parts to repair my reg. which they've had for 3 months. I'm being told by my LDS that they have been dealing with a Mares Sales Rep and that the part is on back order. Here is an email I recieved from Mares about this....

In looking into this Dive Shop - XXXXXXXXX. They are not an authorized dealer of Mares or Dacor. They are not authorized to sell or to purchase or to work on or repair any Mares, Dacor products. They do not have an account with our company and are not affiliated with Mares and Dacor in any way. To find Authorized dealers that will be able to order parts and repair your product as well as able to sell products please see our dealer locator at www.mare.com

Is what they say about working on or repairing Mares products true if thay are not an authorized dealer? I can understand that they would have to be authorized to sell their products, but to work on or service them?

This was the same Mares CSR that told me Leisure Pro is now an authorized Mares dealer.

Any insight into this would be very welcome.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of the office for a few days. Leisure Pro is not an authorized dealer, I am not sure who gave you this information, but would like to know.

Mares authorizes dealers to service our equipment through our training program. We only sell parts to authorized dealers, and some "parts only dealers" who may have sold Mares at one time and for some reason on either their or our part, no longer sells Mares. This does not mean that another tech is not knowledgable enough to repair a Mares reg, but they are simply working at a shop that we have not authorized. We do require your reg to be serviced by an authorized Mares Dealer.

You should not have to wait 3 months for your parts. Please PM me the dealer and product you are trying to service and I will get to the bottom of this. Please put in a contact e-mail or phone number.

Regards,

Phil

I was wondering if anyone else knows if Leisure Pro in an "authorized" dealer for Mares products. I cannot find this on their web site or Mares's, although I was told that they are from a Mares USA (Head) customer service rep.

I also have a somewhat related question. My LDS is not an authorized Mares dealer and I was told by Mares that they cannot order parts to repair my reg. which they've had for 3 months. I'm being told by my LDS that they have been dealing with a Mares Sales Rep and that the part is on back order. Here is an email I recieved from Mares about this....

In looking into this Dive Shop - XXXXXXXXX. They are not an authorized dealer of Mares or Dacor. They are not authorized to sell or to purchase or to work on or repair any Mares, Dacor products. They do not have an account with our company and are not affiliated with Mares and Dacor in any way. To find Authorized dealers that will be able to order parts and repair your product as well as able to sell products please see our dealer locator at www.mare.com

Is what they say about working on or repairing Mares products true if thay are not an authorized dealer? I can understand that they would have to be authorized to sell their products, but to work on or service them?

This was the same Mares CSR that told me Leisure Pro is now an authorized Mares dealer.

Any insight into this would be very welcome.

Thanks

Sorry to revive a very old thread but LP is an authorized Mares dealer according to the Mares website.

I have two Mares with V32 first stages and can't find a reputable repair facility in Michigan and there is n oway to contact Mares Co they have no customer support unreachable Why?? Jim

I have two Mares with V32 first stages and can't find a reputable repair facility in Michigan and there is n oway to contact Mares Co they have no customer support unreachable Why?? Jim
Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares - there's 10 dealers in Michigan listed here. Start with the three with the LAB icon since:

MARES has set-up a world-wide network of MARES Lab service-centres that provide excellent service for your MARES diving products.

In order to become a MARES Lab service-centre or a qualified professional: retail store, diving centre or training facility, MARES Partners are required to attend intensive training programs with demanding levels of certification to achieve this excellence.

Capture.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom