author's specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElBacio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello,

If I understand correctly the Specialty Procedure #3 for SDI Instructors allows an instructor not only to cross-over the existing specialty from another agency, but also to build his own specialty, where he has enough experience and surely there is a local demand for that.

I wonder if such specialty could be done with TDI. That would be useful if a prerequisity would be i.e. Adv. Nitrox level or even a twinset (doubles).

Or maybe - such "technical specialty" could be done with SDI, but the prerequisities would be with TDI levels.

El Bacio

Hello,

If I understand correctly the Specialty Procedure #3 for SDI Instructors allows an instructor not only to cross-over the existing specialty from another agency, but also to build his own specialty, where he has enough experience and surely there is a local demand for that.

I wonder if such specialty could be done with TDI. That would be useful if a prerequisity would be i.e. Adv. Nitrox level or even a twinset (doubles).

Or maybe - such "technical specialty" could be done with SDI, but the prerequisities would be with TDI levels.

El Bacio

Could you be more specific?

As a prolevel member with accreditation as a TDI instructor as well as SDI, you are in a position to apply for a distinct specialty under the TDI course curriculum. However, I do not see the validity of making a TDI course a prerequisite for and SDI specialty. The normal progression goes in the opposite direction.

The term "technical specialty" is perhaps throwing me.

SDI is sport and TDI is technical. My guess is that you will not get a "technical specialty" passed as an SDI course. So what specifically is it that you want to achieve? Perhaps there's an easier way.

As a prolevel member with accreditation as a TDI instructor as well as SDI, you are in a position to apply for a distinct specialty under the TDI course curriculum.

Where can I read more about TDI distinctive specialties (forms, requirements, procedure, etc.)? I cannot find anything in the TDI Instructor Manual 2009?

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom