Auto Accident - What Insurance Doesn't Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had that happen to me on a moped a few years back. The guy told me if I go and pay the ticket it's one price, and if he goes it's a lot cheaper. He took care of it. I was really surprised when the helmet law went into effect. Still three and four people on a scooter, toddlers included.
If he takes the money, it's cheaper. Heard that...!!

Had that happen to me on a moped a few years back. The guy told me if I go and pay the ticket it's one price, and if he goes it's a lot cheaper. He took care of it.
So, a cop stopped you for riding without a helmet and told you that it would be a $50 fine but if you slipped him a $20 he'd let it slide? You gotta love the free market system. :D

I rented a car one time without the plate. I asked about it and he said don't worry about it. and there was a sticker on the glass with the tag. Didnt have any problems all week. Of course since then I heard there was some question on insurance as well on those cars. Learn as you go I guess...... Never quite sure on the parking. Many times I give up and use a paid lot.

So, a cop stopped you for riding without a helmet and told you that it would be a $50 fine but if you slipped him a $20 he'd let it slide? You gotta love the free market system.

This incident was a parking ticket. The plate was removed by the police. The local who rented me the scooter went and paid the fine instead of me.

Isnt everything cheaper paid by a local? We used a taxi a couple times during carnival when parking was at premium. I didnt and still havent stopped at taxi hq for the offical prices... but anyway, the wife asked in perfect spanish for a price and we paid it. Then our local friends laughed at us and suggested we report him for charging more than double. Next trip the same thing, except we now knew the correct price for the distance. When we got the inflated price from this guy the wife called him up short and he said, oh sorry my mistake I thought you meant the place way south of town. yea... sure....

Isnt everything cheaper paid by a local? We used a taxi a couple times during carnival when parking was at premium. I didnt and still havent stopped at taxi hq for the offical prices... but anyway, the wife asked in perfect spanish for a price and we paid it. Then our local friends laughed at us and suggested we report him for charging more than double. Next trip the same thing, except we now knew the correct price for the distance. When we got the inflated price from this guy the wife called him up short and he said, oh sorry my mistake I thought you meant the place way south of town. yea... sure....

When in doubt about the price ask to see the rate card. I had a taxista try to overcharge me and argued with him. I asked him to show me the rate card, and he wouldn't do it. I paid the correct rate not his inflated one.

I was really surprised when the helmet law went into effect. Still three and four people on a scooter, toddlers included.

Saw whole families on Mopeds and scooters out enjoying their Sunday off. The grown-ups all had helmets but the small kids and baby's didn't!

The general answer is yes. Ferry rides to PDC are posted and you can see that locals pay about half what we do. Many tourist vs locals prices are not posted, but yeah. Most people live off of tourism one way or another and the taxis can be bad about overcharging at times. Sometimes not so bad, maybe even dicker. A current Can-Do map will have the usual taxi prices as asking for the card every time is a drag.
When in doubt about the price ask to see the rate card. I had a taxista try to overcharge me and argued with him. I asked him to show me the rate card, and he wouldn't do it. I paid the correct rate not his inflated one.
Haha I had one that did not have a card but I had failed to ask how much in advance as it was a short trip I'd done many times that week. He was charging me heavily for the luggage. We argued at the ferry dock, I got a tourist cop to come over, and we finally split the difference. We should have asked the hotel how much it should be, then asked them to get us a cab that would charge that much.
Saw whole families on Mopeds and scooters out enjoying their Sunday off. The grown-ups all had helmets but the small kids and baby's didn't!
There will be more kids, not more breadwinners and caretakers.

e that much.

There will be more kids, not more breadwinners and caretakers.
I'm sorry; are you saying that the kids are expendable?

Back
Top Bottom