Auto Blender

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KenJr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I purchased a compressor from a dive shop that went out of business. Also an Auto Blender manufactured by Machine Design & Fab. Machine Design is out of business so I am looking for a manual or any information from someone that may know of this brand. Good or Bad. It worked when the shop closed.
Thank You

The owner of Machine Design died about 5 years ago and most of the knowledge about the autoblender went with him. I was helping him some and have some info/knowledge about the units.
The earlier models were a more simple unit that was easier to maintain. He then started building a more technical unit that was somewhat easier to operate but harder to fix if there were problems. If you can email me a pic to tcollins@ec.rr.com, I can tell you which model you have. There is an owners manual that came with the unit which will pretty much only tell you how to turn the unit on/off and do the mix setting. No service info is available(the owner kept it all in his head). Since there is no liability coverage on the units, you probably won't find anyone to give you info(I only know of 2 people, of which I am one, with any service knowledge).
Once I see which unit you have, I may have an owners manual I can send you a copy of(it's only a few pages).

The owner of Machine Design died about 5 years ago and most of the knowledge about the autoblender went with him. I was helping him some and have some info/knowledge about the units.
The earlier models were a more simple unit that was easier to maintain. He then started building a more technical unit that was somewhat easier to operate but harder to fix if there were problems. If you can email me a pic to tcollins@ec.rr.com, I can tell you which model you have. There is an owners manual that came with the unit which will pretty much only tell you how to turn the unit on/off and do the mix setting. No service info is available(the owner kept it all in his head). Since there is no liability coverage on the units, you probably won't find anyone to give you info(I only know of 2 people, of which I am one, with any service knowledge).
Once I see which unit you have, I may have an owners manual I can send you a copy of(it's only a few pages).

Meet a third! It was sad that Tom passed. I had worked with him on a couple of installs. He had a couple of folks in Wilmington, that had construction knowledge, whom I have never been able to contact.

Craig

What kind of problems have you seen with the Auto Blender, besides maybe the chip are there any other components that couldn't be replaced.
Thanks

I have repaired two of these units. If you have specific questions, I can probably answer them. Some of the aspects of the unit by Machine Design are similar to the Nitrox Controller that I build. It turns out there are only so many ways to solve a specific problem, and we independantly came up with similar solutions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom