Auto-Magic Filters for Digital Compact Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NP
I cant wait till they come out with the green water one-we dive lots of that pea soup as the lakes warm!
Dive safe,
Brad

It works extremely well in green water MS.

moneysavr:
NP
I cant wait till they come out with the green water one-we dive lots of that pea soup as the lakes warm!
Dive safe,
Brad

Hi Brad,

your wish may come true sooner than you think.

Checkout Digigreen.net where development samples of a Green Magic have been evaluated.

All the magic filters are for natural light, Leesa. They are recommended for tropical at 40' or less for that reason. The new digital is stronger, so it will require more light. Alex says 3-10m I think. I've used a green water threaded filter from another supplier, and the hang up was that in green water (usually dark) the shutter speed was low and caused blur out. I mostly dive at 40+ so I haven't used it since my first dive with it. I'm thinking about putting it on under my WA lens though for natural light shots up through the kelp.

I would also like to know. The filter doesn't look different from regular sheets used for video lightining.

Ok for shallow water stuff but still cannot replace a strobe(s) because the natual light coming from the sun is coming from (in general) one direction, which is from the surface of the water. With a single light source from the sun, a dark shadow is casted on the opposite side or below the subject, no way around this unless you use a strobe to light up the dark areas or have someone hold a reflector sheet on the opposite side of the subject to bounce the light into the dark shadow areas.

For clear shallow water, wide angle stuff like ship wrecks, where a strobe cannot cover the entire image this may help out.

Also as stated, this filter will decrease the light input and as the saying goes "dull lighting yields dull photographs"

Back
Top Bottom