Auto-Magic Filters for Digital Compact Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f3nikon:
Ok for shallow water stuff but still cannot replace a strobe(s) because the natual light coming from the sun is coming from (in general) one direction, which is from the surface of the water. With a single light source from the sun, a dark shadow is casted on the opposite side or below the subject, no way around this unless you use a strobe to light up the dark areas or have someone hold a reflector sheet on the opposite side of the subject to bounce the light into the dark shadow areas.

For clear shallow water, wide angle stuff like ship wrecks, where a strobe cannot cover the entire image this may help out.

Also as stated, this filter will decrease the light input and as the saying goes "dull lighting yields dull photographs"

I have considered using one of these for shooting images intended to be converted to grayscale. otherwise if you have a strobe I see little need for them.

In my humble opinion, I see no reason to change the true color of the water. it it be green, then green it is!

I should take a couple of my disc reflectors down with some assistants and try em out. at the very least it would generate some good conversation by any ofther divers watching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom