Avalon Harbor Cleanup- UW Videos at Antonios?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings to all the SB members who will be attending the annual Avalon Harbor Cleanup on Catalina this Saturday. My thanks in advance for doing this for our fair city!

I have been talking with the management at Antonio's to see if we can show some of my underwater videos on their large screen TV (on the restaurant's stage). The manager is very receptive but I haven't talked to the owners (old friends of mine) yet.

If everything works out, we will try to show "Great White Sharks of Guadalupe Island" and "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis" during the lunch hour and after the dinner rush (say about 8:00-8:30). The narration will not be on so as not to disturb the non-diving diners, but much of the footage is pretty interesting (according to previous viewers).

If you are interested, check with Antonio's that day or ask me (I'll be in the harbor and then the dive park after the cleanup). Of course I hope you will buy lots of your favorite beverage and maybe even a lunch or dinner while you watch!!

Best fishes,

Dr. Bill

PS- I will NOT be selling the videos. This is not a commercial plug, just an opportunity for divers to see some of the footage without paying for the videos. Motivation: sharing with others, not greed (yet).

By the way, I did two dives today (Thurs) at the dive park. Conditions were mediocre... about 20 ft vis, current from the north, oscillating surge, temp about 58 degrees.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
By the way, I did two dives today (Thurs) at the dive park. Conditions were mediocre... about 20 ft vis, current from the north, oscillating surge, temp about 58 degrees.

Dr. Bill

Thanks for the update as far as conditions go at the park.

Back
Top Bottom