Avocet profile in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am taking my camera...so hopefully I can post a report with some pictures. I am going with Eric, Oriskany Divemaster so should be a fun trip.
Ahhhh...I hope you make it this time!!! It was awesome on the 17th!! :)

Doc and myself were on the Avocet yesterday 6/1 with Capt. Kevin on the "holy Spear-it"....the whole Gulf has this thick green funk down to about 25 ft right now, once you get below that it clears up with the vis about the typical 30-40...I was using my X scooter with the CSI but couldn't get the video to record for some reason...me I'm sure as I'm new to the video thing...lots of fish, good dive with the btm around 120ft, just not the 100ft vis I had last Nov when I dove it...our second dive was the Pete Tide with the same results....Sat the 31st we dove the Antares with the vis about 50ft, the Capt got a huge Cobia and a nice grouper...then we did the YDT 14 and the vis was 60+ the Capt got some more fish and we were visited by a 8 ft Bull shark...he also tried out a new natural bottom site Sun and got a 25lb Red Snapper and a 10 lb one as well, great weekend, small seas and abundant sunshine, oh and several dolphins and one flying ray.
If any of you are Spearo's, or even not like myself, try the holy Spear-it, MBT can hook you up with him....
Yarg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom