Avoid Tank Ha In Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I went to check Tank Ha out, like I said I would. I was diving there last Wednesday and Thursday. I did an ocean dive and then a two tank cenote dive the following day. I've seen quite a few operations in my relatively short diving career--both in the United States and in other countries (75 dives). In my opinion, they are a solid operation. Thanks to Barbara and Pancho for taking me on some great dives!

You just got certified and they took you to 100ft? Sez something about their op.....
Diving to 80ft after your open water certification by PADI is considered normal, you can do your 5th dive to a maximum depth of 100 ft as your deep dive which counts towards your advanced certification. I know that Tank-ha is a safe dive operation and they would never jeopardize the safety of recently certified divers or any diver at all. They operate in Playa del Carmen since 1990 and I am a frequent visitor of their shop. there is nobody I would rather dive with than them. Everybody has good and bad experiences with dive ops all over the world, that does not mean they are bad in general. One or two divers with a bad experience against the 2500 other divers they have in a year with good experiences.... you do the math..

So PADI is 80 and then 100? And NAUI is 60 ft. for beginners.

Doesn't make that much sense.

Diving to 80ft after your open water certification by PADI is considered normal

NO it's not. It's not normal and not recommended. As a new diver PADI says stay to 60' or shallower.

Back to the thread, Tank Ha has been around for years with lots of happy divers, you can't please everyone every time, but learn from all criticism and make things better. Some criticism is is better than others.

Back
Top Bottom