Awesome solo today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The drought in the midwest has created unbelievable visibility in the Ohio River. I took the kayak upstream about 2 miles, attached the flag to the stern, dropped a weight off the bow hanging about 8 feet below the surface. Attached a 6 foot lead to the anchor and drifted out from the bank in about 12-14 foot of water for almost two hours down the Ohio River.

I have dove the river countless times, (usually looking for the results of some moron who has drank to many adult beverages and then tried to go for a swim or crashed his boat) this is only the second time that I can say I had any real visibility. Last time was during the drought of 97'. Today, most of the time I had almost 6 foot of vis!

Six feet, huh? Boy, that is a lot better than my dive on Saturday!! Glad you had a great dive!!

Great way to spend a few hours it sounded like!

Back
Top Bottom