Awesome Weekend at Jackson Blue!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver - nice seeing you and your bud out there again too.

Rob, can you give me your recipe for the cleanup you did?

Corrected White balance, several ways to do this - Remove color cast, setting a white point, etc. and Adjusted levels to increase contrast(other ways to do this too).

Y'all still talking about March for getting over to Peacock and/or Ginnie?

A couple of us were thinking sometime in February I believe.

Thanks for the retouching.

Im in front just finishing off the primary tie in and looks like trying to do a reverse frog to get off the rocks to position myself to enter (still not very good at that kick). Our friend david is in the middle with his yellow, split fins (I know - we yell at him too - but he is working on converting his gear over to more overhead appropriate). Kailyn is in the rear showing off her trim and buoyancy in the lp85s and it looks like adjusting her mask.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Corrected White balance, several ways to do this - Remove color cast, setting a white point, etc. and Adjusted levels to increase contrast(other ways to do this too).

You know, I just played with the RGB curves, and I can get "most" of what Rob did, but I can't quote duplicate the "non-blue-cast" part totally while keeping the colors realistic. I guess I need to attend some webinars or watch some tutorials about what I should be doing with the RGB curves and the sat/hue/cont/bright sliders!

Here's what I have been doing so far, just light corrections to white balance and brighting up some dark shots... the white balance changes have either been picking the "cloudy" preset or doing the "click on white" dropper, never by adjusting RGB directly. Left is the "after":

med_white-balance.JPG

clickey for large version: http://www.shagman.org/hobbies/diving/20090107-before-after/white-balance.JPG

You know, I just played with the RGB curves, and I can get "most" of what Rob did, but I can't quote duplicate the "non-blue-cast" part totally while keeping the colors realistic. I guess I need to attend some webinars or watch some tutorials about what I should be doing with the RGB curves and the sat/hue/cont/bright sliders!

Here's what I have been doing so far, just light corrections to white balance and brighting up some dark shots... the white balance changes have either been picking the "cloudy" preset or doing the "click on white" dropper, never by adjusting RGB directly. Left is the "after":

Keep in mind the light source and how much water if filtering through where you are adjusting the white balance at.

In the picture rob picked, the white tanks are an easy choice to color correct, while the background stays blue(lifelike) since there's much more water filtering out any true color from the back.

I wish I knew how you guys did that :shakehead: You make the colors look so pretty...:D

Ah yes I saw you two lurking in the shadows. Nice to see you again :)

Denise, Mat, Stasia, Dave, it was good to see all of you again as well!

Denise, we still need to work on your awareness! :wink:

Denise didnt notice us and practically ran over me and my dive buddy on the sidewalk going to check in at the Sheriffs office.

I also managed to sneak up on her during one of her dives. My buddy and I were tucked back under an overhang doing our safety stop with lights off when I saw Denise, Dave and Stasia entering the cavern zone. Dave went in first, then Stasia while Denise hung back waiting for them to place their line.

I dropped down and tapped her on the arm, getting a startled "guurrgggg" and an explosion of bubbles from her reg. After they went in, my buddy and I tagged along at the back of their group for a bit, then we turned hung out in an alcove by the warning sign as their group exited.

It seems everyone had a fun weekend!

I wasn't "aware" I needed to prepare myself for a pounce from above!:wink:

Oh come on now, Denise, your instructor is the queen of pouncing from above! You better hope you are never in the water with her again :)

Keep in mind the light source and how much water if filtering through where you are adjusting the white balance at.

In the picture rob picked, the white tanks are an easy choice to color correct, while the background stays blue(lifelike) since there's much more water filtering out any true color from the back.

You guys are working too hard. I use a different program than most and with just 2 clicks I got that photo cleaned. Next time you're over here, bring the laptop...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom