B.S. Rule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish ScubaBoard had that "beating the dead horse" emoticon that DecoStop has.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hey thanks Jim and Mike.
VERY NICE to have Instructors input here.
Mike:
Hope to meet you someday. :D
In fact , I'll be up around JB this weekend on Saturday. :11:

Jeano Beano
aka Silt Slug

P.S. Jim Wyatt knows about my silly sense of humor. :D

Hey Mike !
that quote in your last post was from Daedalus,not me.

I'm on your side here :D

Sorry bud, I don't know what happened. I edited the mistake.

Cheers :D

Jim Wyatt knows about my silly sense of humor. :D

O yea I do indeed!! Jeano the Beano is always a lotta fun.

I agree that we should allow divers to dive in doubles at the intro level and issue them certifications to do so, if they earn it.

The NSS-CDS solved the problem quite well IMO. Divers trained at the intro level in doubles are issued a "Basic Cave" diver certification. This card indicates to those who may check them, such as the staff at Ginnie that the diver is certified to dive doubles. This card expires after one year and the diver must seek further training at the apprentice & full cave level to earn a non-expiring cave card to dive doubles with.

The NACD's soultion is to issue a sheet of paper which states the diver has been trained in doubles & may dive doubles in the caves. This paper is given only after the bearer has agreed to take the apprentice class.

People do indeed need to take responsibility for their actions. Divers need to know their limitations and stay within them. Cave diving requires discipline at many levels, staying within training limitations is only one area that requires discipline.

Doubles don't kill people, lack of discipline does.

Just my 2 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom