B2 Octo hose color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandiego_frank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just purchased a B2 Octo and was surprised to find that the hose is black! The dive shop where I bought it says that is the way Atomic does it. It was ordered as an octo, using Atomic's catalog number for the B2 octo, so it has a yellow face plate and a 36" hose, but why the black hose? The hose should also be yellow! The whole point of yellow is visibility especially in an emergency. I know I can have the hose replaced with a yellow one, but I should not have to pay extra to have a yellow hose on an octo.
Has anybody else run into this?

yeah well, i'll start this bag of fun.

you don't need a yellow hose

you really don't need a yellow hose

a yellow hose is not going to make any difference if your gear is set up right

you don't actually need a yellow faceplate either

PADI's golden triangle bs, is just that, bs. it doesn't work, it has never worked, it never will work and it is completely idiotic.

so, read up on why no one on here recommends running your hoses like that and then you'll likely switch to a primary donation scenario with your octo on a suicide strap/necklace and you'll realize that the hose color doesn't actually matter

No, no one else has every run into this problem of needing a yellow hose. I do not think in 30 years of diving I have ever heard of someone being concerned about the color of their hose. Regardless of the specified usage if you are really concerned and do not want to buy a yellow hose get a yellow hose wrap. That will cost ya $5.

That said in an emergency, no one is going to look for your octo. They are going to go for the first regulator they see that works. That would be the one in your mouth. So as said, a yellow hose is not going to make any difference if your gear is set up right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom