Back from Nassau- slept with Francis for 2 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Alright - this should go down on the thread history books as one of the most bizzar vacations imagenable. begain w/ 4 solid days of diving - staying at the harbeourside resorts at he atlantis hotel- then got evacuated to the atlantis - thrown into a 500 per night " econemy room" for 6 hrs till we had to evacuate and bring our bedding and personal items down and find space on the floor for the next 36/48 hours - It was a blurr- screaming kids- a whole lotta rolex and high maitence broads sleeping on the floor as Francis slowed to a halt and sat on Nassau.

It should be noted that I dug threw all the threads on the site trying to estsblish who to dive with - and initially went w/ Bahama divers bcs they were 70 bills as apposed to 88. but the DM on the first dive started smoking a but befor we lft the dock- and the boat looked like a rikshaw from hongkong harbour- I mean real bad - and the sites were right out side the harbour in the ferry lane- coral brown- did 2 wrecks- which could have been dumped steel frames. Very dissapointing. the best site w/ them was the sea wall over by the light house- could have been the Rockport MA sea wall except the viss was 100 feet and there was PVC pipping and cigarete butts on the ocean flloor....

So stepping it up - i went w/ Stuart Cove - I was very affraid of these guys I mean the websites are so frigging pink and commercial... But- aside from an hour bus ride to the SE side of the Island- its a real nice out fit- granted I was there end of August and the max on my boats was 12. The staff was kind of "cool" so fly like we have the fly jobs and you are all voyers on our lives....but aside from attitude the SE side of Nassau is great- sure I dove the Bond wrecks but there is some nice color for a mojorly trafficed Island. not bad. It also has some nice more reacent wrecks as weel. (yes I know the spelling sucks) THere are wall dives - you can get some solid deapth. color was thick blue - but I think that was Francis....Doesn't hold a candel to my year in the TIs but for free diggs and a bit of chaos- not too shabby. Don't buy a shark dive - just wait for them to come to you and get shattered at the bar later that night or buy your girl a diamond... Anyway the net net is: go to Nassau either bcs your friend has a time share and the rent is free, you are a tycoon with a wife and a few kids and love the sea and gambling and she has to shop and you wanted to save a few bills on her Tiffany ring - hence stay @ the Atlantis, or bcs **** man not sure why else you'd go...... but dive w/ Stuart cove - UNLESS you hop on a live aboard and head to the outer Islands for a few days and that will feel like the TIs.... But the Bahamas are the Bahamas. tax free- cruz ships- cold beer and rum - you like crime - and enjoy trial and error when paying too much for diving.

my h2o

Vin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom