Trip Report Back in Florida, 2022 #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that sometimes people think I exaggerate when describing Boynton Beach. Jupiter and West Palm are so much better known. There are good reasons I bought my townhouse there and good reasons I have nearly 1000 dives there since 2009. I usually dive by myself, what a pleasure sharing it with @Johnoly today. Absolutely fantastic dives. Capt Alex knows Boynton Beach better than anyone, as a diver and as a captain.
Alex is awesome. I dove with him on ScubaTyme last week. Got to do all of horse shoe - the whole reef line - on two dives with 70 feet of viz. Fantastic.

Alex is awesome. I dove with him on ScubaTyme last week. Got to do all of horse shoe - the whole reef line - on two dives with 70 feet of viz. Fantastic.

Alex is, by far, the best captain around from Boynton up to Lake Worth/South Palm Beach. He literally knows every notch in every reef and every long-time resident creature by name. He is simply amazing.

Great trip reports, Thanks for sending me the link to this! These will be super useful learning the area here in FL. Amazing you got to see that hammerhead.

The latest Garmin and Navionics imaging will make anyone a local reef expert.

The latest Garmin and Navionics imaging will make anyone a local reef expert.
The Navionics relief shading overlays are excellent. Well worth the $15/year if you dive regularly.

...but not give you the experience of 1000s of dives there :)

Bingo. Alex's super-human abilities have absolutely nothing to do with the tech he has on the boats he captains.

...but not give you the experience of 1000s of dives there :)
Agreed, but if you haven't seen the relief, it's really impressive. I have a lot of time on and under the water and I can see this as a game changer for all levels. I've seen some interesting bottom on the screen that I had never dived and as very impressed.

Agreed, but if you haven't seen the relief, it's really impressive. I have a lot of time on and under the water and I can see this as a game changer for all levels. I've seen some interesting bottom on the screen that I had never dived and as very impressed.
I"m not a boater, I would love to see this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom