Back in Mexico ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some more pictures from yesterday's dives ...

One of the allures of cave diving ... you're swimming in a room big enough to drive a train through and filled with stalactites the size of tree trunks and formations that look like massive melted candles. Suddenly you see a jump off into a little hole that just beckons ... let's go see what's in there. It's a siren call ... and in we go ...

IMG_9119-2.jpg

This part made me think of a keyhole ...

IMG_9126.jpg

Back in the main passage, Michel swims past a giant pillar ...

IMG_9171.jpg

On our way to the Blue Abyss. I know photographers are supposed to avoid butt shots ... but there wasn't room to pass ... besides, this is a pretty good representation of my view for the better part of an hour ...

IMG_9173.jpg

Michel, back on the main passage ...

IMG_9158.jpg

Overall, I think yesterday was my best ever day of cave diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I LOVE the Diaz passage -- it's one of the most relaxing places ever, because it's big enough that you don't worry about hurting anything, but small enough so you don't worry about losing the line. And the size is perfect to give the whole passage that lovely turquoise color.

Love the "keyhole" picture, too!

But my very favorite photo spot in all of the caves I've dived is in PC, right after you get into the mainline that goes up to the takeoff of the Diaz and IHOP lines. You swim between those stalactites that come down and join big Christmas tree shaped stalagmite bases, and then you drop on the other side. If the photographer sits on the far side and shoots UP at the diver coming between the pillars, you get this incredible effect of space and size. Nick Ambrose shot me coming through there, years ago, but unfortunately the photo isn't sharp enough for enlargment. I've always wanted to go back there with a good photographer and set that one up again.

I know the place, Lynne ... maybe someday we can dive it together and spend some time there. Now that I've been to the Blue Abyss I don't need to get there again ... I'd prefer to do that same dive just with the idea of poking about, enjoying the scenery, and getting some nice pictures of my dive buddies.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some pics from our dives yesterday at Phenomeno ...

This cave is highly decorated ... and the show starts as soon as you're on the mainline.

IMG_9234.jpg

This decoration makes me think of jaws ...

IMG_9237.jpg

Sometimes these holes just beg you to come explore their secrets ...

IMG_9258.jpg

... and in we go ...

IMG_9263.jpg

After a long day of cave diving, Michel decided to take a nap ...

IMG_9215.jpg

Today we're heading to The Pit ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm so jealous and I was there from Thanksgiving to Christmas - GREAT photos
Thank you for letting us live vicariously thru you while we sit in the frozen tundra :)

It ain't all that warm down here. Last three mornings were sweater weather, and it's been raining on and off all week. It's raining pretty hard out this morning, in fact.

Hasn't affected vis, however. I've been logging it as "crystal clear" all week ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's warmer than 42 degrees and hailing, though, which was Cove 2 last night . . . :)

Well I thought I was coming to MX for a break from the Pacific Northwest winter doldrums ... I've been here five days and have had a collective (maybe) half-hour of sunshine in between rainstorms. I'll bet you've had more sun in Seattle over the past five days.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom