Back inflate bcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove a Seaquest Balance and loved it. While it is true that if you over-inflate the BC you will ride high in the water and flop on your face. This is true of a backplate wing too. However, after a couple of face down events you will learn to control inflation and face down events will be a thing of the past. Keep in mind the majority of your diving is under the water. So, what I liked best is my elbows did not bang against the wrap-around BC and my in-water trim was perfect. I loved the Balance but have moved to a backplate and wing to more easily allow for technical needs of a BC. [No highjacking intended, but I have a large Balance that is for sale, not posted yet, if there is any interest send me a pm.] If I were to do it again, it would be a BPW or a back inflate BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom