Question My debate - go with a BP/W or stick with a back-inflate BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@jellycatsdad have you made a decision, can you update? I'm facing the same choice. I currently dive the original Zeagle Covert and it has been great for me, but thinking may need something more going forward. Thanks.
I’ve used the original covert since it came out but now it loses air as soon as I inflate it…even before jumping off the boat. I have to unscrew the hose and then screw it back on just about every other dive. Looking at their new version or thinking about some other light back inflated bc. I have an oxycheq soft travel plate but would need a new wing so am torn about what to do. Looking at the scubapro litehawk and dive rite hydro lite.

Congratulations, it seems like a nice rig, I hope you enjoy it. However, I would be on the lookout for a cheap/used stainless plate to move some weight to your back.

At $300, the OMS harness is ridiculously expensive for what it is. One of the online dive shops was selling the older version with a steel plate for $200. Unfortunately, they sold out last week.
I plan on installing a stainless steel BP down the road, and maybe a bigger wing to allow me to move my weights onto the harness. So far, so good.

There should be a book!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom