Back inflate Mares BCD's - why have they gone ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dataquatics

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi to all,

I have recently been looking into obtaining a Mares Icon BCD, but have now found they (along with the Mares Pegasus) have been discontinued and my only chance is to find a supplier with one on the shelf.
I don't suppose anyone can put some light on this situation - have Mares discontinued these rear-inflate models because of a problem ?(Despite many rave reviews) - or perhaps there is something new just waiting around the corner..

Would really love any info you may be able to provide.

Thanks & regards from "Down Under"

Greg

I have the Pegasus in stock in my store and can still get them. As far as I know they are still making it.

I was looking at getting the Mares Pegasus but can't find much info on it. The material its made from (cordura Duroskin) strong? is it a good cold water BCD? how much weight can it hold? 10lbs each side? 5/5 in the trim? how does it compare to the AquaLung Dimension i3 BCD?

Also tstafford what are you selling the Pegasus for?

Thanks​

Hi,
We have not discontinued all of our back inflate BCDS. The Icon and Aliikai have run their course and we are bringing new products to the market. Pegasus is still in production for now. It is a very lightweight bcd, would be great for travel, and quite different than the I3 as you asked. Something a little more comparable is the new Hybrid Pro tech. This is a new 100% back inflate bcd we just introduced. Quite possibly the best model in the back inflate category we've offered to date. You can view details on our website at Hybrid Pro Tec - B.C.D.s Ergo - Mares - just add water. It is very comfortable, great diving characteristics, and quite innovative.

I hope this helps.

Zak

The Pegasus holds 13lbs each side in the integrated weight pouches and you can get the trim weight pouches that attach to the tank band that hold 4lbs each. Sells here for $299.99

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom