Back on board...Thailand trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all you Nippon Divers...
After a several week break, I am back from Thailand and on the scene. I did some training in Phuket. Although the shock of damage from the tsunami was still a bit visible, it was a totally functioning place. A few scars here and there, but lots of revitalization under way.

However, Kata, about 45 minutes south of Patong, is where I was staying and is such a lazy little town. The local reef there is still in good condition. Good place for training as there is not much going on there.

Anyway, back to the shock of cool water and drysuits...

JAG

jagfish:
Hey all you Nippon Divers...
After a several week break, I am back from Thailand and on the scene. I did some training in Phuket. Although the shock of damage from the tsunami was still a bit visible, it was a totally functioning place. A few scars here and there, but lots of revitalization under way.

However, Kata, about 45 minutes south of Patong, is where I was staying and is such a lazy little town. The local reef there is still in good condition. Good place for training as there is not much going on there.

Anyway, back to the shock of cool water and drysuits...

JAG

Welcome back to the real world! *S*

Any plans going to Atami coming weekend?

R

You guys are killing me. The water is still solid here. Going to South Carolina this weekend to sneak in some diving, problem is the wreck is something like 60 miles off shore.

What are the temps like in Atami? Vis?

Henryville:
You guys are killing me. The water is still solid here. Going to South Carolina this weekend to sneak in some diving, problem is the wreck is something like 60 miles off shore.

What are the temps like in Atami? Vis?

14 degrees Celsius and 10-15 m vis ;-) Richard, Eriko, Kato, Nori, Yasu and I will tell you exactly tomorrow... Vis in Mexico was 100. Not feet but meters! :eyebrow:

When are you coming over here? I was actually in NJ until yesterday, should have brought my gear... Not.

Thomas

jagfish:
Hey Stingray...

Picking up Yuma from the hospital Saturday. Operation for hernia. Have a rare day of spring work on Sunday...

JAG

Ok, say hello to the little ones from me!

So you worked on a sunday? Hey, man be careful so you don't get burnt-out :wink: i actually don't think i know of anyone with as much paid time-off as you....wanna switch jobs? :eyebrow:

Hopefully i will be back in Japan again in April for some nice diving....hope to see you then...

jagfish:
Little ones are good

LOL! Yah, that sunday almost sent me over the edge!

Actually, I was just lamenting today that I have just less then a month left before classes start...

*OMG*

;-)

Well, don't get stressed out now with only one month left *S*

Congratulations BTW! Any students to torture already?

Sting Ray:
*OMG*

;-)

Well, don't get stressed out now with only one month left *S*

Congratulations BTW! Any students to torture already?

Yeah, you're right, I gotta pace myself...

I have my eye on a few victims already...

Classes are a real pain when you are out of practice! :eyebrow: (my next class is in 2 months! :D )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom