Back to Cairns...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Japan

Registered
Reaction score
Heading to Cairns in a couple of weeks and am looking for a few pieces of advice:

1. Recommended schools with which to get AOW certification.

2. What can I expect to pay for a liveaboard for 3-4 days? About $100 AUD seems to be about the going rate. What kind of conditions can I expect for that price?

3. Do any liveaboards offer certification (or am I talking nonesense)?

Thanks so much.

Japan

There are quite a few dive shops in the Cairns area but I have not used any for training so cannot advise you in this regard. I can advise that all liveaboards that I am familiar with offer training so that will not be a problem for you. However, AUD 100 for 3-4 days is way too cheap! Did you mean AUD 1,000? Unless you volunteered for a place in a half used oil drum in the engine room then even for an ounce of comfort you should expect to pay at least AUD 500 for 3-4 days and probably much more.

Hope this helps a bit.

Huds

Hiya,

Normally up there the general rule .. you get what you pay for ... applies.

Check out underwater.com.au for extensive info on operators in Cairns and all over Australia. Some operators offer quite substantial disccounts for underwater.com.au club members (membership is cheap and open to everyone).

Hope that helps,

See you underwater ... :):):)

Tim

3-4 days should run you about 500+/-. Almost all operators offer AOW certification. Of the 30 or so we looked at, I'd guess about 25 offered certs. Some had full RD, DM and IDC programs.

Back
Top Bottom