Backplate comfort or dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba fryd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi so I recently got a backplate and wing but I have been thinking alot if I got the right thing I dive mostly dry suit but I am starting to jump into wetsuit more often to help with students so I got a comfort harness from tecline insted of dir since I didn't want to keep re adjusting and I got a simple rofos SS plate but u found out the plate doesn't really have any holes for mounting or adjusting and at the same time I was told to get the 18 kg lift one insted of 13 what's your thoughts.i haven't had it in water yet so I could still return it and get a defrind plate and dir harness
IMG_20230804_082606.jpg
IMG_20230804_082614.jpg

Hi so I recently got a backplate and wing but I have been thinking alot if I got the right thing I dive mostly dry suit but I am starting to jump into wetsuit more often to help with students so I got a comfort harness from tecline insted of dir since I didn't want to keep re adjusting and I got a simple rofos SS plate but u found out the plate doesn't really have any holes for mounting or adjusting and at the same time I was told to get the 18 kg lift one insted of 13 what's your thoughts.i haven't had it in water yet so I could still return it and get a defrind plate and dir harnessView attachment 795891View attachment 795892

Why not return it and get a complete set from tecline so everything works together?

Why not return it and get a complete set from tecline so everything works together?
I am new to the bpw world so idk much but shouldn't this work together I was told it worked perfectly together

I am new to the bpw world so idk much but shouldn't this work together I was told it worked perfectly together

I'd get everything from tecline as a complete set.

I don't really understand what the problem is. Is it that the Tecline harrness won't mount on the plate you have? If so, just return it and go with a single piece of webbing. Readjusting it won't take much time once you've done it a couple of times, especially if you mark the harness for the two different set-ups. The 11 kg wing should be fine unless you're using unusually heavy steel tanks.

I think a 13 kg wing is great for single tank diving. I have no idea what you mean by no holes in the plate. I wouldn't bother with an adjustable harness (I dive drysuit and 3mm wetsuit without adjusting shoulder straps), but you got it, so go for it.

I don't really understand what the problem is. Is it that the Tecline harrness won't mount on the plate you have? If so, just return it and go with a single piece of webbing. Readjusting it won't take much time once you've done it a couple of times, especially if you mark the harness for the two different set-ups. The 11 kg wing should be fine unless you're using unusually heavy steel tanks.
Am not good at explaining I was just thinking that menny backplates you can move up and down in the wing this couldn't and I was told 18 kg was the only right option otherwise I risked it sinking when I had all my lead on it about I think it would be around 8kg. And the harness i thought would be nice for the shoulders when diving with no wetsuit

Am not good at explaining I was just thinking that menny backplates you can move up and down in the wing this couldn't and I was told 18 kg was the only right option otherwise I risked it sinking when I had all my lead on it about I think it would be around 8kg. And the harness i thought would be nice for the shoulders when diving with no wetsuit
The simple harness is not uncomfortable at all in my experience. Even diving in just a t-shirt. IMO the pads are not needed.

For single tank diving the 13kilo wing should work fine. I use a 13.6-kilo wing for cold water drysuit diving and an 18-kilo wing or doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom