Backplate plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskerdiver23

Registered
Reaction score
Does any body know where I can find some plans for a back plate that will fit a OMS bladder? I am an engineering student in college and also a farm boy so I can build pretty much anything and due to the fact that I am going to school for agricultural engineering I have access to a full machine shop when ever I want it, I just need the plans.

Do a search on the DIY forum for "backplate" and you'll get a ton of posts with schematics. Just make sure when making it, you use the appropriate distance between mounting holes. Most are 11". I'd assume OMS wings are as well.

Want me to send you an Auto-Cad file?

Do a search for SKoplin username.

He has a post where he attached an AutoCad drawing of a BP. I used it to create my Alum BP.

I found some plans for some different back plates, I found one for twins and one for singles and I think I am gonna make the one for singles but I haven't been able to find any plans that have the dimensions for the slots that match up with the slots on the wings. does anybody know the dimensions for the slots on an OMS single wing?

huskerdiver23:
I found some plans for some different back plates, I found one for twins and one for singles and I think I am gonna make the one for singles but I haven't been able to find any plans that have the dimensions for the slots that match up with the slots on the wings. does anybody know the dimensions for the slots on an OMS single wing?
Are you talking about slots for the harness or for cam bands? In the back plate or in a STA?

if you have a wing already, measure it, if not, may I suggest getting something standard? If you have the OMS wing, just modify the plans to suit.

Not sure how the plates are different for singles and twins. Generall you just install an STA for singles.

Here is the plans I used for mine - it shows the dimensions of the holes and slots before the bends are made, and it shows the angle and dimensions of the bends. Make sure you know what you are doing or have someone around who does if you use stainless steel: it eats the tooling up pretty bad, which why most ss plates are laser or water cut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom