Backup Console For Shearwater Perdix Ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m look for advice on purchasing a back up for my Shearwater Perdix AI. Right now my back up is an analog gauge, a watch and tables, but I’m thinking of doing a live aboard trip next. After some research a backup computer seams like a good idea.

However, I’m not a fan of shelling out 2-300 dollars on an inferior computer, with a different algorithm, that I never want to use. So I’m looking for a decent air integrated console (combining the backup pressure gauge with the backup computer).

Right now the leading candidate is the Aqua Lung i550C. The things that it’s new, it looks relatively small (I haven’t seen it in person), and runs the Buhlmann ZHL-16C algorithm. The price is a little higher than I would like, but not crazy (550-600).

What does everyone think? Are there any other good candidates? Anyone with experience Aqua Lung computers?

PS. Rec diving, air and Nitrox. No plans for tech diving.

Zach

Simply put, I'd go with another SW... Either go whole hog with another transmitter too (so you have a spare), or just a stand alone. You can always go to an SPG if the transmitter craps out..

I honestly wouldn't bother unless you found a used Shearwater to you liking. There are always some to be had as people upgrade to the Teric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom