Bacon and beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried this Bohemia?

Bohemia Chocolate.jpg

Attachments

• Bohemia Chocolate.jpg
    Bohemia Chocolate.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33
Have you tried this Bohemia?

Ooh, no, unfortunately. I see "stout" on the label. That's a tough sell in a hot climate, but I would be willing to take one for the team, as they say. There are a number of beers I'll have to look out for next trip--some have mentioned Mexican craft beers being available.

It looks like I will be busy this vacation! Love my new facts about peameal bacon. I don't think my beer tasting will be as scientific or thorough as lion fish-eater's, but I will do my best. I am Enjoying the Mexican beer tour!

Last edited:
Leon Negra is my beer of choice when I am on Cozumel. I haven't tried the Bohemia Obscura yet, though. I don't think I will find it locally, though, so I might have to book another Coz visit to try it.

Hereabouts, I usually drink Anchor Porter.

How can a thread with this title not be the most popular topic on Scubaboard?

I remember ordering a bacon cheeseburger in Winnipeg several years ago and the waitress asked "back or side?" It was the first time I had seen vinegar on the table too, I had to ask what it was.

I have seen regular Bohemia in stores around here but not Obscura. I am kind of glad about that, it would not be as special if I could get it locally.

How can a thread with this title not be the most popular topic on Scubaboard?

I remember ordering a bacon cheeseburger in Winnipeg several years ago and the waitress asked "back or side?" It was the first time I had seen vinegar on the table too, I had to ask what it was.

In Maryland, we put vinegar on fries. Was the vinegar for fries?

You have just named 2 of my favorite things about Coz....other than the diving...and the people...and about 10 other restaurants....and the ice cream bars & pina colada Jorchata at Michoacán...and.....

And these are the reasons we keep going back! Popsicles at Michoacan are a nightly after dinner stop for us!

Agreed! The very best Mexican beer, in my opinion.

Years ago, they would use a unique, commemorative bottle every Christmas season. Embossed date and design in the glass... sometimes one of those ceramic stoppers. Now, the bottle is plain-Jane, but the contents are still as great as ever.

Back
Top Bottom