Bad Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everybody,

Thank you so much for the kind words that have been posted here.

Lets not burn Third Coast Dive at the stake however! For a new diver to have an equipment issue(or sometimes a perceived one) can be EXTREMELY traumatic. If he got that scared it is natural inclination to lash out.

I actually have zero idea what happened in this case, in fact just now saw this thread as I've been on the road and hadn't visited here since yesterday this time.

Best,

Chris

Don't worry this judge,jury and executionair will be a VERY HAPPY DUDE in a few day's

GO DOUG GO
23_30_104.gif
23_30_104.gif
23_30_104.gif

Sorry guy's(oceanic) but i just know you will win this:D

I wasn't exactly in the market for a dive computer, but I have been eyeing them with thoughts of an upgrade on what I have. I looked at many brands and in the end I'll tell you what sold me on the VT3. The support I've seen the reps do here, and not just in this sub forum either. I've seen them read threads elsewhere and respond promising help and that's impressive to me.

I own 2 Oceanic products, a light and a computer and so far both serve me well and have been problem free. Both were bought due to the responses I've seen here.

IMO Oceanic will make it right by you based on what I've seen. Let us know what happens and participate in the other forums, lots of things to read, learn, tell stories about etc.

They say, "all's well that ends well" But my first expereiance with Oceanic service started out poorly.
Allow me to out line what transpired.
I was on my second VtPro an AI computer that I like alot the first took a dump one day before I got on the boat. The second one quit underwater, I noticed that Chris (cerich) was a fellow Ga. resident so I contacted him directly via PM with my phone number.
He called me with in the hour, and told me he would work it out and get me an upgrade and call me in a few hours, Well, several days go by and no word so I made a post here in the Oceanic forum to get his attention ( afairly nice post at that) then the preverbial poop hit the fan with chris, I got nasty replys and a PM (I still have the PM) that informed me I was now on my own and that any and all help from him was over. Remember he forgot me!, . He also edited my post to keep others from reading it.
Then I got a call from Ron in california, a service tech. He jumped right on it and had a new VTpro sent to me and did quick enough to prevent me any disruption with my diving my computor.
I didn't get the upgrade Chris (cerich) eluded to. But I do have a working computer now. Thanks to Ron.

I am in no way bashing the product, I own two Oceanic BC's and Two computers and I'm pleased with all.

Chris Carella

Hi Chris,

As I have explained, I called you just prior to going on a 1500 mile road trip visiting dealers, after you and I spoke I had called and left a message for Ron in the service department to call me back. I got very busy and yes, I did forget to follow up until I saw your post. I PM'd you and called to rectify the situation and got frustrated at your hostility that I had slipped up. You also made numerous postings in almost every thread that mentioned Oceanic that were fairly negative. It was frustrating to me that you posted everywhere yet didn't bother to PM me. Unfortunately as I also explained my office phone was down while I was away(and for 3 days after) so I never received the voice mail you left me.

I was frustrated and sent you a PM that stated to work thru your Oceanic Dealer, yes I sent you that in frustration. I then called you and told you to ignore the PM, I would ensure that Ron would get you taken care of.

I see you edited one of your posts, you also posted you were satisfied with what we were doing on the 29th after all this transpired.

Again my apologies, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Best regards,

Chris

Mafiaman:
They say, "all's well that ends well" But my first expereiance with Oceanic service started out poorly.
Allow me to out line what transpired.
I was on my second VtPro an AI computer that I like alot the first took a dump one day before I got on the boat. The second one quit underwater, I noticed that Chris (cerich) was a fellow Ga. resident so I contacted him directly via PM with my phone number.
He called me with in the hour, and told me he would work it out and get me an upgrade and call me in a few hours, Well, several days go by and no word so I made a post here in the Oceanic forum to get his attention ( afairly nice post at that) then the preverbial poop hit the fan with chris, I got nasty replys and a PM (I still have the PM) that informed me I was now on my own and that any and all help from him was over. Remember he forgot me!, . He also edited my post to keep others from reading it.
Then I got a call from Ron in california, a service tech. He jumped right on it and had a new VTpro sent to me and did quick enough to prevent me any disruption with my diving my computor.
I didn't get the upgrade Chris (cerich) eluded to. But I do have a working computer now. Thanks to Ron.

I am in no way bashing the product, I own two Oceanic BC's and Two computers and I'm pleased with all.

Chris Carella

Besides the one you edited, only one other post and it was only a link for others asking about your service so they could follow along. Not numerous :huh: I've only got 24
If anything I've said is less than accurate, please point it out and I will be happy to post a correction.:wink:

Thank you for what assistance you did give.

Chris Carella

cerich:
Hi Chris,

. You also made numerous postings in almost every thread that mentioned Oceanic that were fairly negative. Best regards,

Chris

*** Mod Post ***

Hey fellas,
let's keep this civilised...

*** Mod Post ***

It's funny how there are only 2 people in the entire, 37 post, thread that have had negative dealings with Oceanic, even though one got prompt service -- but is still bitter.

I would have to say that Oceanic is doing something good statistically speaking. :D

I don't own any Oceanic equipment and I'm not in the market for anything right now. I think I'll go out tomorrow and buy an Oceanic something after reading this thread. Good luck team Oceanic - I know how difficult your job is.

JR

Back
Top Bottom