Bad experience with Amigos del Mar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please describe the lousy service.

We can't be blaming the operators for the reef conditions.

It was pretty good when I first dove there 25 years ago but then there was a hurricane and much was damaged but over the course of a few years, I saw it recover. Then there was another hurricane, and eventually I felt that it was starting to recover but by then the lionfish had shown up. As we know, this has been quite devastating almost everywhere. The last number of times that I was there, almost no parrot fish whereas years ago, the place was just covered in them.

Other than that I've always described the reef as varying shades of beige interrupted by asure vases and some red and green encrusting corrals. Some sites are significantly better than others. Sometimes the visibility is better than others. I've seen some awesome things there and still quite enjoy the gentle drifting over or swimming within the tongue and groove canyons.

I dived AC 20 years ago and last year. No comparison. Corals were MIA. Boring dives-glorious tongues/grooves but not much marine life. Did BH with ADM; DMs were surly and inattentive. Pre-dive, diver sitting next to me asked “which button to press to go up”? I referred her to the DM. He told me to keep an eye on her. Really? It’s a pity because AC is a pleasant place to visit otherwise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom