Bad Image for Spearfishermen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the need to accumulate "points"? Seems like these guys kill game to show everybody how big their balls are.

Regardless of what, why, or how they are definitely responsible for giving the sport a bad reputation. It's not like he's accompanying any of his 'trophies' with stories, just photos showing off ridiculous kills.

And if they are photos of things they do in the past and no longer do, why are they still up? They are obviously proud.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have removed some posts from this thread that were in violation of our TOS' prohibition on name calling. The thread itself is on very shakey ground for this forum, where the special rule is:

"It is not the place for folks who are not interested in hunting underwater, or who object to legal underwater hunting, or for those opposed to eating seafood. If you're here to complain about spearfishing or lobstering or any other kind of legal hunting or gathering underwater you've come to the wrong place - take it out to the general forums. In other words, this is a 'NO TROLL ZONE'."

I'll leave it here for now, but if it continues to be 90% whine and 10% substance then it goes away. :)

Rick

arn't "jewfish" Goliath grouper protected nationwide?

Regional differences in cuisine are often difficult to understand.

Tarpon are eaten all over the carribean.

I personally have eaten shark and ray and if they are legal and in good numbers have no problem eating them.

The Japanese item fugu(blowfish) is actually poisonous unless prepared by a highly trained chef.

Coonasses(usually French-Canadian decendents living in Louisiana) have a storied history of eating some nasty stuff as do a great deal of other cultures.

I would suggest watching a show on bizarre foods on the Travel channel before deciding what's edible.

And yes Rok is a throwback but despite appearances he loves his environment.

Coonasses(usually French-Canadian decendents living in Louisiana)

Wow, never heard that term before! do they call themselves that or is it considered derogatory?

honest question, never heard it!

Wow, never heard that term before! do they call themselves that or is it considered derogatory?

honest question, never heard it!

Most Coonasses are proud of that nickname. They also sometimes refer to themselves as Acadians. Great food and music! I forgot about the license plate that says "Registered Coonass".

Craig

thanks Craig, learn somethin new every day
According to Justin Wilson, a Cajun of some reknown, ("Cajun" is derived from the local pronunciation of "Acadian"), the Cajuns came from Acadia province in Canada intending to end up in Louisiana... "Some of them were not very good navigators, and ended up in Alabama, and Mississippi... some of 'em were real bad navigators and ended up in Texas."

Rick

According to Justin Wilson, a Cajun of some reknown, ("Cajun" is derived from the local pronunciation of "Acadian"), the Cajuns came from Acadia province in Canada intending to end up in Louisiana... "Some of them were not very good navigators, and ended up in Alabama, and Mississippi... some of 'em were real bad navigators and ended up in Texas."

Rick
can i make fun of Wardric now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom