Bad music choices in tech. diving videos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr.X

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Been watching some Your Tube Videos as well viewing a plethora of misc. (loosely edited) diving videos out there.

Why does everyone seem to use the following:

1. "Tuff" sounding music? Is technical diving always that "tuff"? DIR videos seem to use this genre a lot.
2. "Techno Pop" or some strange ethereal stuff that no one can relate to?

I'd love to see someone use classical (sparingly), or string every once in a while.

BTW - I am guilty of using ethereal stuff and producing junk video too. Note: this is not a serious thread. :D

X

I've used classical, hard rock and new age music in the videos I've shot. It all depends on the type of diving I'm shooting. I like hard rock for the technicial diving videos because most technicial divers seem to be middle aged men, the only ones with enough disposable income to afford to do it, and I don't think "The Sound of Music" sound track would go over to well with the guys when we're all sitting down with a beer in hand to watch it. :D

Mr.X:
Been watching some Your Tube Videos as well viewing a plethora of misc. (loosely edited) diving videos out there.

Why does everyone seem to use the following:

1. "Tuff" sounding music? Is technical diving always that "tuff"? DIR videos seem to use this genre a lot.
2. "Techno Pop" or some strange ethereal stuff that no one can relate to?

I'd love to see someone use classical (sparingly), or string every once in a while.

BTW - I am guilty of using ethereal stuff and producing junk video too. Note: this is not a serious thread. :D

X

Musical tastes are a personal thing. While I would like my videos and music selections to appeal to the masses, most of us are just hobbyists, don't sell videos and choose music/edit to our own liking.

This kind of reminds me of when I used to enter amatuer contests. Besides outstanding footage, I started to see a common style on the contest winners. I tried to make a video more inline with what the judges wanted, but found that took the fun out of it. I decided to forget about making other people happy and just do what I find enjoyable. I do this for fun.

Oh yeah, I like techno music. :D

:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom