First sidemount dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Doby45 one of the advantage of the bungee system that you have on there is that when it pops over the cap of the regulator it can slide down the hose. While it may still be clipped off to a d-ring, it will slide down enough to get the reg to the OOA diver and then you can unclip it at your leisure. Huge advantage to that system. I actually don't clip either of my Jetstreams off when I'm in sidemount, but without a shower head type first stage *which is pretty much only the Jetstream*, you can't easily do what I have with mine. Idea stolen actually from Dive Gear Express believe it or not on their Jetstream Sidemount Package page. Unfortunately it doesn't work on any other second stage that I can think of
do you have pic

LOL, it is in the little pics at the link below. Actually very smart for that style reg and looks like a caveman could do it.

DGX Custom - Poseidon Sidemount Reg Package

@lermontov that's exactly what it is. Just a simple bungee loop on the top d-ring on my rig. Allows me to hook it in and pop it out very quickly. Works obviously with all of my regs since they're all Jetstreams which is nifty. I also have an adaptation of that Hemphill bungee for the Poseidons which is pretty nifty if I have to clip them off, but I try to avoid that for my main regulators. They only get clipped off when I'm breathing stage bottles which go into the loops

@lermontov that's exactly what it is. Just a simple bungee loop on the top d-ring on my rig. Allows me to hook it in and pop it out very quickly. Works obviously with all of my regs since they're all Jetstreams which is nifty. I also have an adaptation of that Hemphill bungee for the Poseidons which is pretty nifty if I have to clip them off, but I try to avoid that for my main regulators. They only get clipped off when I'm breathing stage bottles which go into the loops
nice

edit: im in the garage :)

Last edited:
Oh my garsh, lemme just tell ya that rolling sidemount with two transmitters and a Perdix AI is beyond awesome. Did more squaring away today with the sidemount and swapped my SPGs for a couple of transmitters. I am officially spoiled..

Oh my garsh, lemme just tell ya that rolling sidemount with two transmitters and a Perdix AI is beyond awesome. Did more squaring away today with the sidemount and swapped my SPGs for a couple of transmitters. I am officially spoiled..
:grouphug2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom