Bad news from Galapagos, Aggressor 1 Liveaboard is out of service 06/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homi Adajania, welcome to the board and thanks for the first had account. If you contact a moderator they might allow you to post your pictures as I think this incident would be the exception to the std. rule of needing 25 posts.

Try it now...:wink:

Looks like diversteve has already taken care of that. Good work!

:thumb:

It is an unfortunate accident. Certainly, it is frustrating to the guests. I am thankful that all survived and those with injuries will be able to recover quickly. I hope they will be compensated appropriately. It is also unfortunate that corporate world shies away from speaking up about these kinds of things. Everyone is afraid of potential lawsuits and what lawyers will do with any comment or any response. In many cases, there are no public statements for these kinds of events because of fear of increasing the losses.

My hope is that the company will deal with everything fairly and if the accusation of crew members stealing the private property of guests is true, that the individuals will be held accountable. My hope is that the company has (or will) set up procedures to make sure their crew performs with the highest of integrity and skill so no more accidents will occur. I also hope that the Aggressor and the Waynes will continue to provide great and safe experiences for divers. There is so much good that divers can experience on liveaboards.

but there were some unfortunate memories of crew stealing, lying and we also had our trip cut short, due to a passenger with DCS.We did complain to the captain and the Agressor president but we were offered nothing, only an apology.
With the stories coming out this spring and our own experiences, I know that we will find a different dive company to take future dive trips with.

I think a lot of people are starting to realize that there are plenty of liveaboard companies out there that offer a high quality product and stand behind that product as well. There was a time when the Aggressor and Dancer fleets were the "top dogs". Now it seems they are just part of the pack that would rather follow than lead.

Nobody leads or follows onto the rocks. That is a solo trip. Just sayin'

Homi, thanks for your report and welcome to SB.

So how much does one adjust tipping when the crew steals from passengers? It sounds like it happens often enough to have some guidelines. :silly:

Last edited:
...... Unfortunately, stuff went missing - some was swept away and some was stolen (as told to me by certain crew-members).

So how much does one adjust tipping when the crew steals from passengers?

Mis-reading, punctuation, grammar and syntax can really foul you up.

The way I read it (and heard it) was: "Certain crew members have said..." local scavengers descended upon the ship and....

Again- that's the version I heard. Let's give them the benefit of doubt. Homi? If you were there, where's the pix? Your user ID allows for posting them now.

Mis-reading, punctuation, grammar and syntax can really foul you up.

The way I read it (and heard it) was: "Certain crew members have said..." local scavengers descended upon the ship and....

Again- that's the version I heard. Let's give them the benefit of doubt. Homi? If you were there, where's the pix? Your user ID allows for posting them now.
Excerpting...
Our honeymoon on the Agressor 1 in Galapegos included fabulous diving but there were some unfortunate memories of crew stealing...

Thanks for the good news. Hope you get most of your litter off of the beach.

So would you tell us how & why this happened? I find the rumor of "GPS malfunction and a rudder breakage" unlikely.

And would you tell us what your company is going to do for the distressed customers who survived your company's ability to drive into rocks they've been driving around for years, or property lost to sea and scavengers? I guess you know that anything less than a full refund will be laughed at all across the World Wide Web...??
Read it again Don. Leslie doesn't work for the Aggressor Fleet. Dive the Galapagos is a liveaboard/land-based tour booking operator that specializes in trips there. They book all the boats, Aggressor, Explorer, Deep Blue, Wolf/Darwin Buddy etc. http://divethegalapagos.com/

Read it again Don. Leslie doesn't work for the Aggressor Fleet. Dive the Galapagos is a liveaboard/land-based tour booking operator that specializes in trips there. They book all the boats, Aggressor, Explorer, Deep Blue, Wolf/Darwin Buddy etc. Dive The Galapagos Islands
Thanks

This was the last pic I took as we left the tilting Galapagos Aggressor 1 from the life-raft. She had started drinking water and so we left in pitch-darkness and went in search of the closest vessel which was The Deep Blue liveaboard.
IMG_1562.jpg

And this was our boat when we went back at daybreak during low tide. Only in the daylight did we realize that we had run aground 600-800 meters from land. At night and during high tide, it was difficult to tell how close land was.
IMG_1651.jpgIMG_1652.jpgIMG_1653.jpgIMG_1654.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom