Bag Drag Thoughts and Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check the multi-city option. Fly into Cancun and return from Cozumel to see how that pricing works.

Only buy one way ferry tickets.

Generally, $100 each way doesn't do it for me, and staying in cancun only confirms for me how much I really don't like the place.

Exactly. I did it once thinking "Oh I'm really not in a hurry and I'm saving $100 each way...." Well, not really. Taxis and the ferry ate into part of that saving and the hassle ate up the rest. I got to Coz hours after everyone else. Not worth it. Not even close.

-Charles

I've given up flying into Cozumel - it's always less expensive as well as a good flight time-wise to go into Cancun from SFO. As soon as I get out of customs/immigration and step outside and feel that tropical air I'm officially "on vacation".... the bus ride to PdC being the initial foray. Then I check into my little budget hotel in PdC and recoup from the travel. I usually stay 1 or 2 nights. I like being able to walk to the beach in Playa to swim and just walk around and get in the groove. Then I'll regroup and head over to the ferry for Coz. I like riding the ferry over. It's a gorgeous view pulling away from PdC and such a sweet moment to see the island and all the landmarks I know come into view as we get closer to docking.

A couple years ago I went from Cancun straight over to Isla Mujeres for 3 nights for a look-see and a swim with the whale sharks. I've gone down to Tulum and in years past my DH and have gone to Akumal and to Mahajual before we came over to Coz. I always book a flight out of Cancun no earlier than noon to avoid staying the night before or knots in the stomach trying to get there on time.Yes it would be nice to fly in and out of Coz, but if you get a limon.... you make limonada.
:blinking:

I appreciate the feedback. I think I'm going to do the Cancun route. Looks like I might be back in Cancun in November, so it will give me an idea of what to expect then anyway. Ill update once I get the passport and all my bookings are made.

For people doing the ferry there is a promotion with Mexican Waterjets. You can save 45% off your and your groups ferry ticket. There are also some other specials to look at. See the divers specials on the swim4thereef website. Swim for the Reef

I've given up flying into Cozumel - it's always less expensive as well as a good flight time-wise to go into Cancun from SFO. As soon as I get out of customs/immigration and step outside and feel that tropical air I'm officially "on vacation".... the bus ride to PdC being the initial foray. Then I check into my little budget hotel in PdC and recoup from the travel. I usually stay 1 or 2 nights. I like being able to walk to the beach in Playa to swim and just walk around and get in the groove. Then I'll regroup and head over to the ferry for Coz. I like riding the ferry over. It's a gorgeous view pulling away from PdC and such a sweet moment to see the island and all the landmarks I know come into view as we get closer to docking.

A couple years ago I went from Cancun straight over to Isla Mujeres for 3 nights for a look-see and a swim with the whale sharks. I've gone down to Tulum and in years past my DH and have gone to Akumal and to Mahajual before we came over to Coz. I always book a flight out of Cancun no earlier than noon to avoid staying the night before or knots in the stomach trying to get there on time.Yes it would be nice to fly in and out of Coz, but if you get a limon.... you make limonada.
:blinking:

You've made some major lemonade over the years with the way you've done it. :)

For people doing the ferry there is a promotion with Mexican Waterjets. You can save 45% off your and your groups ferry ticket. There are also some other specials to look at. See the divers specials on the swim4thereef website. Swim for the Reef
Did you try it? I did, and it wants the same $11.58 one-way either way?

How much are ferry tickets now?

This illustration from the site shows him paying $13.805 each for 2...

divephoto2-lg.jpg

I would not pre-purchase a ferry ticket for the arriving day PDC to Cozumel portion. How can you be certain that the next ferry to leave PDC when you get there will be that ferry company?

Did you try it? I did, and it wants the same $11.58 one-way either way?

How much are ferry tickets now?

This illustration from the site shows him paying $13.805 each for 2...

divephoto2-lg.jpg

yes I did try it. You pay full pop for the way over to coz with the online purchased voucher but keep your ticket stub and on the way back to playa you present it at the waterjet desk with your dive certification card and I think it came to 60 pesos for the return trip.

yes I did try it. You pay full pop for the way over to coz with the online purchased voucher but keep your ticket stub and on the way back to playa you present it at the waterjet desk with your dive certification card and I think it came to 60 pesos for the return trip.
Ok, so you pay full price on the first trip, then the discount is on the return trip? The fare is currently 155 pesos, so the discount is 70, therefore the combined discount is 140 = 15 on the return. The numbers don't match your experience.

And you do have to wait for that company, not just take the next boat.

Back
Top Bottom