Bahama Blackbeard video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Video. You pissed that one turtle off. LOL. Awesome awesome video.

I am just now attempting videoography. For years I have been a still photo bug. I just got the new JVC MG-77 Video system (http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/jvc_mg77pkg.html). Going to bust its cherry in Pompano on the 24th. I have a Sea and SEA LX 25. How much artifical light do you need with the video unit? Any advice would be more than appreciated. You can see some of my still photos at www.h2oimages.com or on www.castawayscuba.com/photo.html.

Larry
Nice part of video is you don't need light, the camera picks up all the light you need. I only use lights on night dives. Doing swim thru on wrecks or small cave/corral swim thrus the camera pick up great, What I see with my eyes is what comes out on the film. But the monitors or Mirror set ups that you see in the lense looks black. When I can see clearly and the monitor looks black, I thought it doesn't work, but when you play black on a tv or put on your computer you can see in dark areas, just not in total black areas like filming in a hole. Just go out and shoot.
Biggest thing I try and do is hold the camrea still which I'm not good at. I did just start to add a couple pounds of weight to see if that keeps me from moving some. I still experminting with that. I did it on a shark feed to help me stay on the bottom and that seems to worked.
Another thing I do is on every dive trip, My first dive is a dry run on the camera housing without the camera. I like to pressure check it before giving it a big workout.
Like I said this is my first video but I've been shooting it for two years. I just not any good a video editing to put anything together.

aHeavyD-

Appreciate the feedback. I will post my first video and appreciate any critiques.

Hopefully they have improved the low light capabilities on the this unit over the Everio CF units or you will need good lighting. Watch the gain level on the sensor. You may need to limit the exposure to avoid noise.

If the Ikelite comes with the color filter, use it unless you have lighting or are really shallow.

With my digitial still camera (DX5000G), I use all the functions in the manual mode and make adjustments based on lighting and picture content that I am trying to achieve.
I also have two digitial strobes so lighting is not an issue.

As I read the manual for the video camera, it suggest that I leave the camera in the Auto mode and keep the camera set to wide angle. With my still camera I can make all adjustments under water, this new toy should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom