Bahama's liveaboard: M/V Caribbean Explorer / Blackbeards??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The chef (Libbey) on our particular Explorer trip was quite accomodating to everyone on board. The chef, along with the rest of the crew for that matter, will attend to any request the best they can. I would suggest however, you make mention prior to your departure (a week or so) to the main office of your food requests, as the chef shops the stores the very morning of your disembarking.

I did the CE1 in March and had a great time. Unfortuneately due to the warm water tempuratures there was a lot of algae covering the reefs. Although I've never been on a trip with Blackbeards I do know the CE1 is a much bigger boat with alot more amenities. Blackbeards has been described to me as scuba camping because the boat has no dining area, no separate sun deck etc. whereas the CE1 is a full size yacht with a dining area, an upstairs sun deck, nitrox.

For the price difference you get a lot more for your money on the CE1.

David

Thanks guys for all your help! Will be looking to book in a few days.

Update: have now booked up. Will be going 11 till 18 November with the Explorer, thanks for all your help!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom