Bahamas - New Providence Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I was thinking about Roatan, but flight prices down to there are ridiculous, no?

KidK9:
Yeah I was thinking about Roatan, but flight prices down to there are ridiculous, no?

We arranged our Roatan trip through Roatan Charter Inc. Tel# 1-800-282-8932. We flew there on American Airlines (Tampa to Miami) and then Taca airlines the rest of the way. I understand that Continental now has a flight into Roatan. I do not know how the price of Continental compairs with the fairs we had but our whole 7 day trip including airfare, all meals, delux accomodations at Cocoview resort in a bunglow, 2 boat dives a day and unlimited shore diving in addition came to $1,500 per person. We thought that was very reasonable. The reefs and walls here were in much better condition than the ones we dived in the Bahamas and the accomodations were less expensive in Roatan and superior to those we had in the Bahamas.

We are now looking at a trip to Palau and Yap and are booking through Continental Airlines travel agency at a great price for the entire package. I suggest you try calling them for a Roatan package price Tel# 1-800-634-5555.

I too had a trip to the Bahamas in Aug. of '04.. The diving was good, but the Bahamas really has a lot to learn about customer service. We made the crossing on a private boat. Customs check-in at 'Old Bahama Bay' took forever, and was 150.00 for vessels under 38'. It seemed the customs staff took their time because they could. I really got the impression the indigenous population didn't want Americans there.
Like other visitors posted, the prices were very high, and if it was an item that did not have a price tag attached, the price would go up and down. First day (at arrival) ice was 3 dollars a bag. Several miles away at Bootle Bay we paid 8 dollars a bag. The cab that was suppose to pick us up for a ride in to 'Lacaya' didn't show. We had staff call for another cab and it finally showed, but was late picking us up.

Eating in Lacaya was a trip all in itself. Staff was rude, took their time and expected a tip with a smile, or so it seemed. The toursim board there needs to hire someone to help with customer service issues.

I'll go again, but stay on board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom