Bahamas weather in November?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scbagrl

New
Reaction score
Has anyone been down to the Bahamas in November? Is the weather reliable this time of year or should I be heading further south?

scbagrl:
Has anyone been down to the Bahamas in November? Is the weather reliable this time of year or should I be heading further south?
Usually it's wonderful.
But...
There is usually one cold front that makes it all the way down to the Bahamas by the end of November, (the front won't make it cold, just rough water for a day or two) and..
It's still hurricane season.
With weather there are no certainties. :)
Rick

scbagrl:

I have two words for you travel insurance!

We usually go to Grand Bahama for the last week of October and the first week of November. Daytime temps are mid to upper 80's, Night time temps in the 70's. Sometimes my wife gets a little cool at night.

Usually the Currents and winds steer the huricanes away from Grand Bahama.

A few years ago Hurricane Michelle missed us by 200 miles. It was a rainy windy three or four days that we couldn't dive. We stayed another week to make up for it! :D

Last year Grand Bahama was hit twice. We didn't get to go because our resort was closed for repairs.

The way I see it, the odds are it won't get a direct hit again for a long time.
Of course thats just my opinion!!

Best of luck with your trip!!

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom