Diving in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoooter961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We were thinking of going down this November but am concerned about whether the port is closed a lot in early November. Any thoughts on if I should look elsewhere?

We have done many November-January trips and have had no issues at all. Ya just never know.

We were thinking of going down this November but am concerned about whether the port is closed a lot in early November. Any thoughts on if I should look elsewhere?
Half the year there can be nortes and the other half there can be hurricanes; ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

That said, most nortes are December - March and most hurricanes are July - October.

We have found early November to be good and haven't missed many days due to weather. Last year we were there in mid October and a mild Norte did roll through the day we left, so nothing is 100% as ggunn alluded to in his post. Hurricanes are less likely and Nortes aren't as prevalent as they are later in the month through March.

We have been going to Cozumel for 10 years in November. Other than this year we cannot remember a port closing during our stay. This year has been brutal.

Well the risk of port closures are higher in late November (to March) than the rest of the year but it is a crap shoot. I’ve always suggested that if you only have a week or it’s your ‘big’ trip of the year it is high risk. If you have a couple weeks missing a day or two won’t be as big of deal. This year there have been more closures than normal but it’s anybody’s guess what this coming Nov will bring. That being said, our favorite time of year to go is Oct/Nov bc the weather is generally very comfortable and not so busy.

Woah

I'll continue booking in March-April, then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom