Bahia Principe Dive Shop Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsalty

New
Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering if anyone has used this resort dive shop for their certification dives? I will be staying at the Gran Bahia Principe (Tulum side) at the end of Feb. and would like to do open water cert dives. Ideally I would like to do them as close to the resort as possible, however reccomendations of any in the area would be great. Thank you for any help.
Jay

Hi,

I stayed at the Bahia Principe (I think it was at the Akumal section). I didn't dive with them, but I did dive with Maya Diving Maya Diving in Tulum: Diving and Snorkeling in Tulum Cenotes and Reefs and Dive Courses

They are just 5 minutes away and will pick you up at the resort. They are located at Dreams resort next door to the Bahia. They are excellent and I have dived with them many times in the Tulum/Maya Riviera area.

They will do both reef and Cenote dives. The owner is a Canadian and is onsite. They are a great bunch to dive with.

Sam

Is it any particular reason nobody dives with Bahia Principe Dive Shop? I could not find any comments on them.

Is it any particular reason nobody dives with Bahia Principe Dive Shop? I could not find any comments on them.

I was there in November (Coba Resort). I found them to be friendly and nice. I would dive with them again in a heartbeat.

Thank you, Jeff. What are their prices? Do they go to Cozumel and Canote? Did you like the resort and snorkeling from the beach? I will go there for this Christmas and try to collect all information I can. Thank you again.

Thank you, Jeff. What are their prices? Do they go to Cozumel and Canote? Did you like the resort and snorkeling from the beach? I will go there for this Christmas and try to collect all information I can. Thank you again.

It was a sliding scale depending on how many dives you did. Single Dive is $40...to 12 dives @ $380

Yes, they go to Coz and the Cenotes. (The Cenotes are real draw.)
Coz diving is $150 Cenote diving is $130 or $150 depending on which system

I didn't snorkel from the beach, so I can't say yea or nea.

When you go there...say Hi to the Instructor Jeff and ask him if he likes his Steel Spring straps for his fins.

Hidden Worlds cenote is 3 or 4 Km south of the Grand Bahia Principe. They have a 1 tank dive of Dos Ojos cenote with their divemaster, Victor for $50 usd. The dive lasts about an hour and is spectacular. 2 tank dive is $90. This was the best priced cenote dive I found in the entire area. Victor was a very professional divemaster.

Last edited:
Did a couple of dives with Jose at Akumal dive adventures while my wife took a resort course with Shayla. A 2 tank dive is $62 usd and they go to reefs that are a 5 to 10 minute boat ride from their facility. They have a swimming pool on site for the resort course and my wife thought Shayla was a great instructor. Excellant facility with friendly professional staff and great prices. I would recommend it to everyone and will go dive with them when we return to Akumal.

If you're going to be diving with the shop at the resort at the Bahia, request Matt or Jeff. Great guys and excellent to dive with. I believe they are also both instructors now. Both are also very experienced cenote guides and have been diving the caverns and caves in the area since they were old enough to get their cave certs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom