Bali Diving 8 September, but what else to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be in Bali on the 8th September. I'll stay at Tauch-Terminal till 12th.
But than my non-Diver wife will come.

She wants to stay in a Bungalow, at a quite/very natural place, but to be close to a bigger city for shopping.

Bigger city with shops will be Kuta I think, or??

Place to stay Sanur, or Seminyak, Legian, or any different ideas?

I should have wireless internet, because need to be in contact with my company and I would like to have some diving near (but that is not so important as I have before a few days at Tauch-Terminal).

Any recommendations? Internet and "Rough Guide" didn't help much.

hi :) So your wife come after your dive mission completed. Yes famous beach area with shopping are kuta , legian , seminyak and sanur. They are crowd place. I prefer seminyak, much nicer shopping and resto there. U can also go up hill to Ubud. No beach there , plenty of natural places, paddy terrace, monkey forest , spa , and shopping too. I spent 2 nights in ubud after my dive trip to nusa lembongan, pretty and relaxing there , i had spa with flower bath :) . If u manage to go ubud try to visit Naught NUris Warung , famous for their spare ribs and martini. Another idea is stay in those places like kuta, seminyak , legian or sanur , while your wife go shopping u can join day trip dive safari to nusa penida , nusa lembongan , amed or back to tulamben :)

That's approximately what I planed. My wife is from Thailand so the monkeys and most of the nature will not impress here. But the shopping will!!!

But what resort to go?? She is an environmentalist. Do you know a resort you can recommend which is taking care nature, but has aircon+wireless internet? I don't want to cut time from diving for searching a resort:D
Prefer an Indonesian owned resort. She will be there from 12th evening and leave on the 20th. So not much space for try and error.

If I can park her at spa+shopping so I get free time for diving even better.

Any recommendations?

hi :) So your wife come after your dive mission completed. Yes famous beach area with shopping are kuta , legian , seminyak and sanur. They are crowd place. I prefer seminyak, much nicer shopping and resto there. U can also go up hill to Ubud. No beach there , plenty of natural places, paddy terrace, monkey forest , spa , and shopping too. I spent 2 nights in ubud after my dive trip to nusa lembongan, pretty and relaxing there , i had spa with flower bath :) . If u manage to go ubud try to visit Naught NUris Warung , famous for their spare ribs and martini. Another idea is stay in those places like kuta, seminyak , legian or sanur , while your wife go shopping u can join day trip dive safari to nusa penida , nusa lembongan , amed or back to tulamben :)

the maya ubud is a first class place. quiet, nice, private plunge pools etc. very very cool. its in ubud so you can do some shopping and sightseeing etc. also see a Kecak dance at uluwatu. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

I'll be in Bali on the 8th September. I'll stay at Tauch-Terminal till 12th.
But than my non-Diver wife will come.

She wants to stay in a Bungalow, at a quite/very natural place, but to be close to a bigger city for shopping.

Bigger city with shops will be Kuta I think, or??

Place to stay Sanur, or Seminyak, Legian, or any different ideas?

I should have wireless internet, because need to be in contact with my company and I would like to have some diving near (but that is not so important as I have before a few days at Tauch-Terminal).

Any recommendations? Internet and "Rough Guide" didn't help much.

the maya ubud is a first class place. quiet, nice, private plunge pools etc. very very cool. its in ubud so you can do some shopping and sightseeing etc. also see a Kecak dance at uluwatu. Its a once in a lifetime experience.

Looks very nice! A bit too expensive for me and I would prefer to stay close to the beach (unless Mrs h90 overrules me). But really looks nice (but expensive)
Thanks anyway for the idea!

Lots of places to stay in Bali. I can refer you these places i stayed when i was in Bali , 1) the Oberoi at Seminyak , pretty , private bungalow, beach front , nice garden, nice resto ,aircon, outside from the resort u can shopp and nice resto , biz centre, next to it is kudeta a.k.a cool place. 2) Pondok Sara, also at Seminyak , simple bungalow , clean , but no resto inside, no beach front only pool, reasonable price, aircon , free wifi , walking to shopping area , resto 3) Novotel Benoa, beach front not much shopping ,has its own resto, need car rental to go shopping or dine at other place, , biz centre, wifi dont rememebr u can ask them. 4) kumpul kumpul inn, simple bungalow, wifi dont remember, afordable price , no beach front , close to go shopping 5) Bali Putra at Ubud , paddy terrace in front of your bungalow, 2 storey , lots of ducks, close to shopping and resto , no wifi , but can do in resto accros the street of Bali Putra.
Btw, kecak dance at Uluwatu during Sunset is very pretty.
Good Luck :)

May be worth looking at the Alam Shanti in Ubud. Lovely lovely place overlooking the padi fields. Having tavelled the world, its one of the few places we would go back to just to chill.
Happy to send you the link to my photos on Webshots if that would help at all.
Dave

May be worth looking at the Alam Shanti in Ubud. Lovely lovely place overlooking the padi fields. Having tavelled the world, its one of the few places we would go back to just to chill.
Happy to send you the link to my photos on Webshots if that would help at all.
Dave

yes would love to see the pics. Please give me the link or email them to michael@ms-trading.com

I highly recommend Tegal Sari in Ubud as the best value you will find, but given the date of your trip, it is practically guaranteed to be totally booked. Worth a try ...

Welcome to Tegal Sari

Michael,
I have forwarded my photo link to you as requested. Sorry there are quite a lot and the site has jumbled them up. There are 3 venues: The Puri Santrian (Sanur) which are the more luxurious pics, the Komodo Dancer liveaboard, and the Alam Shanti (the more rural etc.) For a bit more detail I have also done a trip report on the BSAC website (look for the trip reports in the Far East in the Travel Club section). The Alam Shanti has well deserved high ratings on Trip Advisor and everything they say is true. I could wax lyrical on all of its many attributes and I guess it wouldnt appeal to everyone...not sure who but there must be someone. My e mail is dave.martin3@btinternet.com if you are interested and have any specific questions then feel free.
Dave

Back
Top Bottom