Bali diving is better than I thought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately I believe the jetty is finished as a dive site! They are making that jetty into the port for the ferries, leaving the PDB jetty for the fast boats. Or so I think I understand. Not sure where the critters went, hopefully they found a home.

- Bill
Hoo nooo :facepalm:....makes me sick :vomit: ... angry :rant:... and finally wanting to hit some/thing (/one) :letsparty:

Well, let's at least hope that the project provides some economic benefit to the delightful Balinese people who bear their poverty with such grace. Yeah, right...

Unfortunately I believe the jetty is finished as a dive site! They are making that jetty into the port for the ferries, leaving the PDB jetty for the fast boats. Or so I think I understand. Not sure where the critters went, hopefully they found a home.

- Bill

Another pier dive site bites the dust.

Reminds me of the Ducomi Pier dive site in Dauin. It was a spectacular dive, soft coral and sponge habitat on the pilings and muck on the bottom. Back then it was making top ten dive site in the world lists. Sadly it was closed down "for repairs". To my knowledge it has never been reopened.

Well it should make Padang Bai proper a bit quieter without the ferry horn blasts.

Not sure it was what PB locals and more specifically peddlers wanted though...

I wonder what the future holds for the reefs at Nusa Penida. I gather there is an increasing amount of tourism starting there.

- Bill

Have you not seen the floating water parks out there already? Blew my mind.

Oh no , has it happened already ? We are going in May and we’re so looking forward to diving the jetty.
Evidently can still dive if you are out of the water before 8am.. but with the amount of work being done I have no idea what it looks like underwater at this time, we have not done it since the work started

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom