Bali - The Liberty Wreck, updated pages & close encounter with George the barracuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe Geogre has a girlfriend now :D that's why he's not seen so much.Forgot to mention before last September there was another Barracuda hanging around the wreck.

@Wisnu the wreck is nearly dived around the clock now,have given up night dives,too many lights around.

As mentioned before i think the bay needs some protection with the volumes of divers and one area just for open water courses,where damage can be kept at a very low inpact.

Also if you think you have heard it all.what about this one.I notice a diver taking photo of a Nudibranch and then get his knife out and kill it.He must of lost 50 bar when i shook the back of his bcd.I followed him out and challenged him and basically he killed it so his other friends could not take a photo of a nicer nudibranch as he found.I was just lost for words :no:

Also if you think you have heard it all.what about this one.I notice a diver taking photo of a Nudibranch and then get his knife out and kill it.He must of lost 50 bar when i shook the back of his bcd.I followed him out and challenged him and basically he killed it so his other friends could not take a photo of a nicer nudibranch as he found.I was just lost for words :no:

its a joke?:shocked2::shocked2::shakehead: i cant hear something like this...:depressed: but if i saw it... i can do some bad actions...

As mentioned before i think the bay needs some protection with the volumes of divers and one area just for open water courses,where damage can be kept at a very low inpact.

Agreed on the 1st point here... We depend on dive operators to take care of their own livelihood by keeping OW students further from the wreck, if they are still not ready...

Please name that non-human! :shakehead: & which resort this non-human dived with! I hope it won't be returning to the ocean anytime soon! This sort of non-human should be able to rent scuba tanks!!!

@xariatay it was a group of four. couple of years ago,his friends were ashamed of him when it was found the reason.

Hi, I'm new to the forums and to diving. Just wanted to ask a few q's regarding Tulamben. Is it a friendly spot for beginners? I'm planning to do my first couple OW's there. Also do they have day diving trips from the main island? Or is it necessary to stay the night there? Would anyone be able to link me to a good site where I can book my trip? Thank you

Hi, I'm new to the forums and to diving. Just wanted to ask a few q's regarding Tulamben. Is it a friendly spot for beginners? I'm planning to do my first couple OW's there. Also do they have day diving trips from the main island? Or is it necessary to stay the night there? Would anyone be able to link me to a good site where I can book my trip? Thank you

Tulamben is located in the main island, around 3 hours from main tourist area (Kuta, sanur, nusa dua). Most if not all dive center offer day trip to Tulamben but we love to stay there for few days - here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/387238-another-bali-update-tulamben-menjangan-secret-bay-end-may-2011-a.html the report of our recent trip.
Mostly Tulamben sites (wreck, coral garden and Droff off) is relatively easy dive sites. My daughters and wife were certified at Tulamben for their OW.
Sometime the current is strong but still manageable by OW divers - just follow your guide. Entering/exit the water can be difficult when high surf usualy on July and August.
I'm sure you'll enjoy Tulamben

Back
Top Bottom