Bali vs. Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h50

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out which location to choose for my dive trip this fall ('04). I am looking for cheap (free plane ticket) and easy to get to location (only 1 week of vacation). I do not like live-aboards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From where are you travelling?? That will make a big difference in where you go. I think from most places, Bali would be easier to get to than Fiji, but there are direct flights from Honolulu. I think you would need a LOT of frequent flyer miles to get a free ticket to either location. And, again, depending on where you are now, a week isn't much time; you could spend 4 days just getting there and back.

As for diving, did a few dives on Bali several years ago. It was OK. Never been to Fiji, but from I hear, I would think it has the better diving.

You don't say where you would be departing from, but both Fiji & Bali are about equivalently easy/difficulty to reach and airfare is about the same, although there are more specials to Bali than Fiji if you are flexible. Once there, Bali can be a bit less expensive.

As far as quality of land-based diving, I'd pick Fiji.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Diving any place other than Fiji will never compare once you have done it. Went last year, it is amazing. Marland Bay Resort is a great place to stay. Watch for the sea snakes.

bali is great but not for diving. not bad but definitely less than great. for great diving you board a liveaboard in bali and go to komodo. however, that's a long crossing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom